Thorns FC Finalize NWSL Fall Series Schedule with Road Matches against Utah Royals FC on October 3, Ol Reign on October 10
PORTLAND, Ore. - The National Women's Soccer League (NWSL) today released the remaining matches for the 2020 NWSL Fall Series. Portland Thorns FC will complete a slate of four games with a pair of road matches against OL Reign and Utah Royals FC. Portland squares off against Utah on Saturday, Oct. 3, at Rio Tinto Stadium; kickoff is set for 7 p.m. (Pacific) with a national television broadcast on CBS Sports Network. Thorns FC conclude the Fall Series against OL Reign on Saturday, Oct. 10, at Cheney Stadium. The Oct. 10 match kicks off at 5 p.m. (Pacific) and will be streamed on Twitch.
Thorns FC open the Fall Series with their first game at Providence Park in 2020, playing host to OL Reign on Saturday, Sept. 12; kickoff is set for 12:30 p.m. (Pacific) on CBS. Portland faces Royals FC on Sunday, Sept. 20, at Providence Park. The Sept. 20 match kicks off at 12 noon (Pacific) and will be streamed on Twitch. All matches at Providence Park will be played without fans.
The NWSL Fall Series will include 18 matches over the course of seven weeks, featuring three, three-team pods that will all play one another and enable the league to minimize travel. The three teams in each regional pod will each play four games.
There will be a televised NWSL Game of the Week on the CBS every Saturday in September and on CBS Sports Network three Saturdays in October. All four matches on CBS will also be streamed on CBS All-Access. Twitch will exclusively stream seven games globally, including in the United States, and every game internationally. For the schedule of matches, click here.
The league's return to play protocols reflect the best practices previously developed by the NWSL Medical Task Force and successfully implemented during the Challenge Cup. Those protocols have been updated to reflect the reality of home-market matches and regional travel and will influence all league and club actions outside the field of play.
• Discuss this story on the National Women's Soccer League message board...
National Women's Soccer League Stories from September 3, 2020
- Washington Spirit and Enlightenment Capital Agree to Sponsorship Deal - Washington Spirit
- Washington Spirit take 'Loudoun Is Ready' pledge ahead of games at Segra Field - Washington Spirit
- North Carolina Courage Sign Rylee Baisden and Danica Evans to Contracts Through the 2020 Season - North Carolina Courage
- Complete Orlando Pride Fall Series Schedule Revealed - Orlando Pride
- Sky Blue FC Announces Two Home Games During 2020 NWSL Fall Series - Sky Blue FC
- NWSL Announces Remaining 2020 Fall Series Schedule and CBS Broadcast Talent - Washington Spirit
- Thorns FC Finalize NWSL Fall Series Schedule with Road Matches against Utah Royals FC on October 3, Ol Reign on October 10 - Portland Thorns FC
- Chicago Hosts Washington Spirit on September 26 Live on CBS - Chicago Red Stars
- OL Reign Announces Full NWSL Fall Series Schedule - OL Reign
- NWSL Announces Remaining 2020 Fall Series Schedule and Broadcast Talent - NWSL
- Utah Royals FC to Continue 2020 National Women's Soccer League Season - Utah Royals FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Portland Thorns FC Stories
- Thorns FC Acquire Midfielder Crystal Dunn
- Thorns FC Claim 2020 Verizon Community Shield with 2-1 Win over Ol Reign
- Thorns FC Conclude NWSL Fall Series with Road Match against OL Reign
- Thorns FC Earn 1-1 Draw on the Road against Utah Royals FC
- Thorns FC Square off against Utah Royals FC Tonight at Rio Tinto Stadium