Thomas Bryant and Alex Caruso Headline All-NBA G League Teams
EL SEGUNDO - Los Angeles Lakers rookie center Thomas Bryant has been named to the All-NBA G League First Team while two-way guard Alex Caruso has been named to the All-NBA G League Second Team, the league announced today. Bryant was also named to the NBA G League All-Rookie Team.
Bryant appeared in 37 games (35 starts) for South Bay, averaging 19.7 points, 7.4 rebounds, 2.1 assists and 1.5 blocks in 30.7 minutes. Bryant tallied 19 games with 20 points or more this season, including four 30-point games. The rookie center out of Indiana notched nine double-doubles and shot 59.5 percent from the field and 36.4 percent from three-point range.
Caruso appeared in 29 games (25 starts) for South Bay, averaging 19.0 points, 3.8 rebounds, 7.8 assists and 2.0 steals in 30.6 minutes. The Texas A&M product tallied six double-doubles and posted career-highs of 41 points, 13 assists and seven steals in his second season in the league.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from April 16, 2018
- Georges Niang Named to All-NBA G League First Team - Salt Lake City Stars
- Quinn Cook Named to 2017-18 All-NBA G League First Team - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Warney, Motley Named to All-NBA G League Teams - Texas Legends
- Thomas Bryant and Alex Caruso Headline All-NBA G League Teams - South Bay Lakers
- Amile Jefferson Named to Three All-NBA G League Teams - Iowa Wolves
- MVP Lorenzo Brown Headlines 2017-18 All-NBA G League First Team - G League
- Kadeem Allen Named to All-NBA G League Defensive Team - Maine Red Claws
- MVP Lorenzo Brown Headlines 2017-18 All-NBA G League First Team - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Weekly Sports League and Franchise Report - OSC Original by Dan Krieger
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.