Quinn Cook Named to 2017-18 All-NBA G League First Team
SANTA CRUZ, Calif. - The NBA G League announced today that Warriors two-way guard Quinn Cook has been named to the 2017-18 All-NBA G League First Team. The award, which was voted on by the league's 26 head coaches and general managers, is Cook's second consecutive season earning All-NBA G League First Team honors.
Cook (6'2, 179) appeared in 29 games (all starts) with Santa Cruz this season, averaging a team-best 25.3 points, 8.1 assists and 4.6 rebounds in 35.9 minutes. With shooting averages of 52.7 percent from the field, 43.9 percent from beyond the arc and 94.9 percent from the free-throw line, the third-year guard from Duke University became the first player in NBA G League history to post a 50/40/90 season.
"Quinn Cook recorded one of the best seasons in Santa Cruz Warriors history, but his leadership and professionalism with the team will be his enduring legacy," said Warriors General Manager Kent Lacob. "We are thrilled that Quinn received this All-NBA G League recognition and look forward to his continued contributions to Golden State's postseason run."
Cook, who signed a multi-year contract with the Golden State Warriors on April 10, made his NBA postseason debut on Saturday, April 14, logging 5 points, 4 rebounds and 2 assists in 21 minutes off the bench in the team's 113-92 win over the San Antonio Spurs. In 33 regular season games (18 starts), Cook averaged 9.5 points, 2.5 rebounds, 2.7 assists and 22.4 minutes for the 2017 NBA Champions.
This is Cook's third All-NBA G League Team selection, and was named earlier this season to the Midseason All-NBA G League Western Conference Team along with former Santa Cruz teammates Damian Jones and Georges Niang. Cook has also been named to two NBA G League All-Star Teams, earning the game's MVP honors in 2017, as well as the 2016 NBA G League Rookie of the Year.
Cook is joined on the All-NBA G League First Team by Raptors 905 guard Lorenzo Brown, Texas Legends forward Jameel Warney, Salt Lake City Stars forward Georges Niang and South Bay Lakers center Thomas Bryant. Santa Cruz is the only team to have two players from their Opening Night roster named to the NBA G League First Team (Cook, Niang).
For more information on the Santa Cruz Warriors please visit santacruzbasketball.com or call (831) 713-4400.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from April 16, 2018
- Georges Niang Named to All-NBA G League First Team - Salt Lake City Stars
- Quinn Cook Named to 2017-18 All-NBA G League First Team - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Warney, Motley Named to All-NBA G League Teams - Texas Legends
- Thomas Bryant and Alex Caruso Headline All-NBA G League Teams - South Bay Lakers
- Amile Jefferson Named to Three All-NBA G League Teams - Iowa Wolves
- MVP Lorenzo Brown Headlines 2017-18 All-NBA G League First Team - G League
- Kadeem Allen Named to All-NBA G League Defensive Team - Maine Red Claws
- MVP Lorenzo Brown Headlines 2017-18 All-NBA G League First Team - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Weekly Sports League and Franchise Report - OSC Original by Dan Krieger
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Santa Cruz Warriors Stories
- Santa Cruz Warriors Blow out Austin Spurs 116-82 for Fourth Straight Win
- Golden State Warriors Recall Jacob Evans III from Santa Cruz
- Warriors Snap Vipers Five-Game Winning Streak, Earn 92-91 Win
- Santa Cruz Warriors Defeat Austin Spurs 87-84
- Santa Cruz Warriors Secure Comeback Win over Texas Legends 121-116