Georges Niang Named to All-NBA G League First Team
The NBA G League announced today that Utah Jazz Two- Way player Georges Niang has been named to the All-NBA G League First Team for the 2017-18 season.
Niang, who joined the Salt Lake City Stars from Santa Cruz on Jan. 14, appeared in 41 games (all starts) this season and led the team with 19.7 points and 6.7 rebounds, while dishing out 4.3 assists in 33.9 minutes per game. He appeared in 15 games (all starts) for the Stars and averaged a team-high 22.0 points per game. Niang ranked ninth in scoring average for the G League, 10th in field-goal percentage and second in three-point field-goal percentage.
Niang was also named to the Midseason All-NBA G League West Team by NBA G League coaches, general managers and players who voted on the top performers from the first half of the season from their respective conferences.
The league's 26 head coaches and general managers selected each team.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from April 16, 2018
- Georges Niang Named to All-NBA G League First Team - Salt Lake City Stars
- Quinn Cook Named to 2017-18 All-NBA G League First Team - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Warney, Motley Named to All-NBA G League Teams - Texas Legends
- Thomas Bryant and Alex Caruso Headline All-NBA G League Teams - South Bay Lakers
- Amile Jefferson Named to Three All-NBA G League Teams - Iowa Wolves
- MVP Lorenzo Brown Headlines 2017-18 All-NBA G League First Team - G League
- Kadeem Allen Named to All-NBA G League Defensive Team - Maine Red Claws
- MVP Lorenzo Brown Headlines 2017-18 All-NBA G League First Team - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Weekly Sports League and Franchise Report - OSC Original by Dan Krieger
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.