Thinel Named CHL's Player of the Week
The Central Hockey League announced today that Odessa forward Sebastien Thinel has been named the Oakley Central Hockey League Player of the Week for the period ending March 6, 2011.
Thinel recorded 10 points in four games during the week accumulating five goals and five assists as the Jacks posted a 2-2-0 record. All five of the 2009 CHL Most Valuable Player's scores came while his team was even strength with his best game of the week coming on Friday night in a 7-5 win over Tulsa where the St. Jerome, Quebec native racked up a hat trick and three assists. Thinel's recent hot play has seen the all-star formulate an 11-game point streak.
On the season, the veteran forward leads the league in scoring with 91 points (25-6691) and has been the catalyst for a recent surge by Odessa that has them sitting in sixth place in the Berry Conference, one point behind Mississippi for fifth place. The Jackalopes are 4-2-0 in their last six games.
Oakley CHL Player of the Week Sebastien Thinel, Odessa Jackalopes Position: F (Weekly Totals) Games Played: 4 Goals: 5 Assists: 5 Points: 10 Plus/Minus: +3
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from March 7, 2011
- Shots from the Point for March 7, 2011 - CHL
- Rush Weekly - Rapid City Rush
- Mallards Weekly Update - Quad City Mallards
- Join Us Tomorrow for Mardi Gras with the Mudbugs - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Thinel Named CHL's Player of the Week - Odessa Jackalopes
- Oakley CHL Player of the Week Announced - CHL
- Gems to Honor Former Pro Hockey Players from Dayton - Dayton Gems
- Mavericks Weekly - Kansas City Mavericks
- Mudbugs Weekly - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Playoffs Bound PrairieThunder Back on the Road in Texas - Bloomington PrairieThunder
- RiverKings Bring House of Grace to Home of Hockey - Mississippi RiverKings
- Jackalopes Weekly Update - Odessa Jackalopes
- Colorado Eagles Weekly Update - Colorado Eagles
- Sundogs Notes - Arizona Sundogs
- Bucks Start Huge Home Stand Tuesday - Laredo Bucks
- Komets Gain Five Points in Week 21 - Fort Wayne Komets
- RiverKings Weekly - Mississippi RiverKings
- Chance To Clinch Playoff Berth - Tulsa Oilers
- Dayton Gems: Weekend Review - Dayton Gems
- Weekly Sports League and Franchise Report - OSC Original by Dan Krieger
- Thunder Takes Two of Three - Wichita Thunder
- Killer Bees Weekly - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- Magic Number At One - Tulsa Oilers
- New Book, Long-Time AHL Coach on Puska on Pucks - OSC Original by Denis Puska
- IceMen Weekly - Evansville IceMen
- IceMen Weekly Notes - Evansville IceMen