Jackalopes Weekly Update
ODESSA, TX - With three games on the schedule for this week, the Odessa Jackalopes still sit just one point back of fifth-place Mississippi in the Central Hockey League's Berry Conference.
Last week's record: 2-2-0
Season Overall: 24-26-6
Tuesday vs. Texas, 7-3 Win
The Jackalopes out shot Texas 46-29 in the win as Todd Robinson and Kenny Corupe each recorded three-point nights for Odessa. The Brahmas jumped out to a 2-0 lead before the Jackalopes rattled off seven unanswered goals.
Friday vs. Tulsa, 7-5 Win
It was a historical night for Sebastien Thinel, who tallied a career-high six points in the contest for the Jacks - three goals and three assists. Mike Mole made his Odessa debut in net with a 32-save performance.
Saturday vs. Tulsa, 7-6 Loss
Four minutes into the third period Odessa trailed 7-2. Mike Lesperance, Darryl Bootland, Sebastien Thinel, and Kevin Seibel all scored for the Jacks to close the gap to 7-6 with a minute to play, but the amazing comeback effort stopped there as Tulsa held on for the win.
Sunday at Allen, 6-2 Loss
Mike Ramsay and Luke Stauffacher each scored for Odessa in the third period, but Allen held full control of the game after building a 5-0 lead through the first two periods. Bruce Graham had two goals for the Americans.
-- UPCOMING GAMES --
Tuesday vs. Allen, 7:05 PM CST
It's the back end of a home-and-home series between Odessa and Allen as the Americans won the first game on Sunday. The Jackalopes are 1-5-0 against Allen this season in six prior meetings.
Friday vs. Bloomington, 7:05 PM CST
Saturday vs. Bloomington, 7:05 PM CST
For the first time ever, the Bloomington PrairieThunder visit West Texas for their second and third meetings of the year against Odessa. Bloomington won the first meeting by a 5-4 final all the way back on October 22nd. Bloomington has already locked up a playoff spot at 32-17-5 on the year and currently sit third in the CHL's Turner Conference - three points back of first.
The Odessa Jackalopes are the Central Hockey League affiliate for the NHL's New York Islanders and the AHL's Bridgeport Sound Tigers. The team is currently in the middle of its 14th season. Season tickets, mini-plans, and single game tickets are available by calling (432) 552-7825 or visiting jackalopes.org.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from March 7, 2011
- Shots from the Point for March 7, 2011 - CHL
- Rush Weekly - Rapid City Rush
- Mallards Weekly Update - Quad City Mallards
- Join Us Tomorrow for Mardi Gras with the Mudbugs - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Thinel Named CHL's Player of the Week - Odessa Jackalopes
- Oakley CHL Player of the Week Announced - CHL
- Gems to Honor Former Pro Hockey Players from Dayton - Dayton Gems
- Mavericks Weekly - Kansas City Mavericks
- Mudbugs Weekly - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Playoffs Bound PrairieThunder Back on the Road in Texas - Bloomington PrairieThunder
- RiverKings Bring House of Grace to Home of Hockey - Mississippi RiverKings
- Jackalopes Weekly Update - Odessa Jackalopes
- Colorado Eagles Weekly Update - Colorado Eagles
- Sundogs Notes - Arizona Sundogs
- Bucks Start Huge Home Stand Tuesday - Laredo Bucks
- Komets Gain Five Points in Week 21 - Fort Wayne Komets
- RiverKings Weekly - Mississippi RiverKings
- Chance To Clinch Playoff Berth - Tulsa Oilers
- Dayton Gems: Weekend Review - Dayton Gems
- Weekly Sports League and Franchise Report - OSC Original by Dan Krieger
- Thunder Takes Two of Three - Wichita Thunder
- Killer Bees Weekly - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- Magic Number At One - Tulsa Oilers
- New Book, Long-Time AHL Coach on Puska on Pucks - OSC Original by Denis Puska
- IceMen Weekly - Evansville IceMen
- IceMen Weekly Notes - Evansville IceMen
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.