The Setup: Regular Season Wraps up this Afternoon
Ranger Suarez is the final Pig to take the hill in the regular season facing off against Chase De Jong. Today's pitching matchup is presented by Allentown Family Foot Care, which provides the latest in medical and surgical treatments of the entire foot and ankle. Learn more at affc.com.
Suarez is making his ninth start with the IronPigs and 23rd overall between, AA, AAA and the Major Leagues. With the IronPigs, Suarez is 2-0 with a 2.91 ERA. He has not lost a minor league start since June 13 with Reading. De Jong was brought over earlier this season from the Seattle Mariners organization. This is his fifth start of the year with the Red Wings he is 2-3 with a 3.41 ERA.
Edgar Garcia (0-1) came on to shut the door but was unable to record an out in the bottom of the ninth as Rochester walked off against Lehigh Valley 6-5. Recap
Lehigh Valley has taken 11 of 17 contests against the Red Wings in 2018 including the first two of this four-game series. On Saturday, the Pigs earned their 100th all-time victory over Rochester. They are the only team the Pigs have topped 100 times in their 11-year history.
THIS WEEK AT COA-COLA PARK
The Iron Rail continues! The IronPigs will return to Coca-Cola Park on Friday, September 7 for Game 3 of the IL-Divisional Round against the Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders. Don't forget to wear red to support the Pigs throughout the playoffs presented by Provident Bank. Before the game, 5,000 guests will receive an IronPigs rally towel presented by Service Electric Cable TV & Communications. Following the game, enjoy a special postgame fireworks display. Get tickets here.
The 2018 Season is the IronPigs' 11th season at Coca-Cola Park and 11th as the top affiliate of the Philadelphia Phillies. Fans can get closer to the team than ever before with a Bacon, USA membership -- a year-round IronPigs experience pass featuring numerous amenities such as savings on parking at games and at the Majestic Clubhouse Store at Coca-Cola Park, on-field VIP access to watch batting practice, access to the annual holiday party, and more. For more information, click here or call (610) 841-PIGS (7447).
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from September 3, 2018
- The Setup: Regular Season Wraps up this Afternoon - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- RailRiders Enter Playoffs off 5-1 Victory Monday - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Iribarren Plays All Nine Positions in Bats Finale - Louisville Bats
- Bisons Drop Season Finale in Syracuse, 2-0 - Buffalo Bisons
- Devers Collects Two Hits in Pawtucket's Season Finale - Pawtucket Red Sox
- Wings Fall 4-2 in Season Finale - Rochester Red Wings
- Indians Blank Bats in Season Finale, 4-0 - Indianapolis Indians
- Stripers End 2018 Season with 6-1 Loss to Charlotte - Gwinnett Stripers
- Knights Win 2018 Regular Season Finale 6-1 - Charlotte Knights
- Pigs Take the Finale in Extras - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Chiefs Combine for Three-Hitter to Win Finale, 2-0 - Syracuse Mets
- Bulls Take Down Tides in Season Finale - Durham Bulls
- Red Wings Announce 2018 Team Awards - Rochester Red Wings
- Louisville Bats Notes: September 3 - Louisville Bats
- Positive Mindset, Faith Lead Indians' Tyler Eppler - Indianapolis Indians
- SWB Game Notes - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Durham Bulls Game Notes - September 3, 2017 - Durham Bulls
- Game Information: Indianapolis Indians (72-67) at Louisville Bats (61-75) - Indianapolis Indians
- LHV Game Notes - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Bisons Game Notes - Buffalo at Syracuse (1:05 p.m.) - Buffalo Bisons
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.