Durham Bulls Game Notes - September 3, 2017
Norfolk Tides (69-70) vs. Durham Bulls (78-60)
RHP Matt Wotherspoon (2-8, 4.69) vs. RHP Zach Lee (3-5, 5.21)
The South Division Champion Durham Bulls host the Norfolk Tides for the finale of the regular season four-game series today at 1:05 p.m. at the DBAP. The Governors' Cup First Round has been set. With a Toledo victory last night and a loss by Indianapolis to Louisville, the Bulls and Mud Hens will face off in the First Round of the 2018 Governors' Cup Playoffs. During the regular season, the Bulls went 6-4 against the Mud Hens, including a 6-1 record at the DBAP, compared to 0-3 record at Fifth Third Field in Toledo, OH. Lee makes his second start against the Tides this season. He has a 0-1 record with a 4.50 ERA. Wotherspoon has made four appearances against the Bulls (one start) with an 0-1 record and a 6.52 ERA.
The Bulls will face the West Division Champion Toledo Mud Hens (73-65) on September 5 at Fifth Third Field in the First Round of the Governors' Cup Playoffs. The Bulls begin the series with two games at Toledo and host the last three (Games 4 & 5 if necessary) of a best-of-five series. The Mud Hens won the West Division to clinch a playoff berth for the first time since 2007. The Bulls went 6-4 against the Mud Hens during the 2018 campaign.
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from September 3, 2018
- The Setup: Regular Season Wraps up this Afternoon - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- RailRiders Enter Playoffs off 5-1 Victory Monday - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Iribarren Plays All Nine Positions in Bats Finale - Louisville Bats
- Bisons Drop Season Finale in Syracuse, 2-0 - Buffalo Bisons
- Devers Collects Two Hits in Pawtucket's Season Finale - Pawtucket Red Sox
- Wings Fall 4-2 in Season Finale - Rochester Red Wings
- Indians Blank Bats in Season Finale, 4-0 - Indianapolis Indians
- Stripers End 2018 Season with 6-1 Loss to Charlotte - Gwinnett Stripers
- Knights Win 2018 Regular Season Finale 6-1 - Charlotte Knights
- Pigs Take the Finale in Extras - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Chiefs Combine for Three-Hitter to Win Finale, 2-0 - Syracuse Mets
- Bulls Take Down Tides in Season Finale - Durham Bulls
- Red Wings Announce 2018 Team Awards - Rochester Red Wings
- Louisville Bats Notes: September 3 - Louisville Bats
- Positive Mindset, Faith Lead Indians' Tyler Eppler - Indianapolis Indians
- SWB Game Notes - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Durham Bulls Game Notes - September 3, 2017 - Durham Bulls
- Game Information: Indianapolis Indians (72-67) at Louisville Bats (61-75) - Indianapolis Indians
- LHV Game Notes - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Bisons Game Notes - Buffalo at Syracuse (1:05 p.m.) - Buffalo Bisons
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.