The Playoff Push Is On
In the last 21 games, the Jacksonville Icemen have accumulated a 12-7-1-1 record in their Inaugural Season, presented by Community First. They have propelled themselves right back into the race for a Kelly Cup Playoff spot and start the week just six points short of the Atlanta Gladiators for the fourth and final playoff position in the South Division.
The Icemen face a test this weekend in front of their home fans when the league-leading Florida Everblades invade Jacksonville this Friday, March 9 and Saturday, March 10. Both games feature a 7:30pm start time. Special discounted tickets are available at Jaxicemen.com/playoffpush.
"Our team has worked hard all season," said Icemen VP of Hockey Operations/Head Coach, Jason Christie. "We have become one of the hottest teams in the league and we are putting our best efforts forward to bring the Kelly Cup playoffs to our great fans and the City of Jacksonville. Now more than ever, we ask area residents to fill the arena this weekend and help us achieve this goal."
The Florida Everblades come in boasting the south division's leading record at 39-12-2-4. Although the Icemen have only secured one win on February 24 in a thrilling 4-3 Jacksonville overtime victory, most contests have been very close and hard fought battles.
"It's our time and this rivalry has become personal," said Christie. "Our fans can expect a very entertaining weekend of playoff-style hockey. We want the arena rocking!"
Images from this story
Jacksonville Icemen celebration
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from March 6, 2018
- Leedahl Helps Swamp Rabbits Push to Overtime against Stingrays - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Rays Clinch Spot in Kelly Cup Playoffs with OT Win - South Carolina Stingrays
- Steelheads Announce Roster Moves - Idaho Steelheads
- ECHL Transactions - March 6 - ECHL
- Mallards Make Multiple Moves - Quad City Mallards
- Thunder Deals for Forward Low - Wichita Thunder
- Ryan Walters Named ECHL Player of the Week - Utah Grizzlies
- Americans Fight Cancer Weekend - Allen Americans
- Walleye Playoff Tickets on Sale Friday - Toledo Walleye
- Admirals Weekly: Admirals Head North for Three-In-Three - Norfolk Admirals
- The Playoff Push Is On - Jacksonville IceMen
- St. Luke's "Pink in the Rink" Jersey Auction announced for March 9th and 10th - Idaho Steelheads
- Max Novak Reassigned to Solar Bears - Orlando Solar Bears
- Admirals Sign Forward McMorrow to ATO - Norfolk Admirals
- Indy Agrees to Terms with Rookie Forward - Indy Fuel
- Utah's Walters Named Sher-Wood Athletic Group/ECHL Player of the Week - ECHL
- Swamp Rabbits and Stingrays Reignite Rivalry Tonight - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Beast Prepare for the Final Sold out School Day Party of the Season - Brampton Beast
- Steelheads Weekly Report - Idaho Steelheads
- Roadrunners Recall Derek Army - Wheeling Nailers
- Railers Trade Ashton Rome to Manchester for Justin Agosta - Worcester Railers HC
- Reichenbach Named CCM ECHL Goaltender of the Week for Second Time - Norfolk Admirals
- Joey Leach Returns to South Carolina - South Carolina Stingrays
- Norfolk's Reichenbach Named CCM/ECHL Goaltender of the Week - ECHL
- Vladar Reassigned to Providence, Glads Trade for Goalie - Atlanta Gladiators
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.