'The Hitmen Pledge Powered by ENMAX' Heads into Homestretch
Calgary, AB - The countdown is on to the end of 'The Hitmen Pledge powered by ENMAX' where one lucky participant will win $25,000 for a charity of their choice.
This community initiative, happening during the 25th anniversary season of Hitmen hockey, aims to raise 25,000 hours of service for Calgary and surrounding area with over 11,000 volunteer hours recorded thus far.
For every 25 hours donated, volunteers receive one entry to the $25,000 draw to then gift to a registered Southern Alberta charity. The winner's name will be selected on Sunday, March 22, 2020 during the Hitmen regular season finale against Swift Current.
"We know our fans, partners, and staff have all been very active in our community this season and want to remind them to share that activism with us," said Hitmen Assistant Manager of Business Operations Rob Kerr. "Now is the time to make sure we know about all of the hours you have put back into Calgary and area as a volunteer during this season. Make sure your completed pledge form includes a charity that is near and dear to your heart that could use a $25,000 cheque."
All volunteer hours donated between the September 27, 2019 launch and pledge submission deadline of March 15, 2020 are eligible to be entered.
"We know that powering our communities comes in many forms, and one of the most valuable ways to contribute and make a positive impact is through volunteering," said Diana Stephenson, VP Public Affairs, ENMAX. "The Hitmen Pledge has generated a lot of enthusiasm this season, and there's still time to submit your pledge forms and have a chance to make a significant difference for a charity of your choice."
Pledge timesheet forms are available online at hitmenhockey.com/pledge and at both Guest Services and the Concierge desk the Scotiabank Saddledome.
The winner's chosen not-for-profit organization must have a registered charitable number and AGLC ID number to be eligible to receive the $25,000 grant from the Calgary Hitmen Foundation.
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from February 14, 2020
- Broncos Outmatched by Raiders on the Road - Swift Current Broncos
- Raiders Sweep Season Series with Broncos - Prince Albert Raiders
- Holmes, Krane Pace Pats Attack in 5-3 Win - Regina Pats
- Preview: Rockets gear up for Family Day weekend - Kelowna Rockets
- 'The Hitmen Pledge Powered by ENMAX' Heads into Homestretch - Calgary Hitmen
- Game Preview: Blades Vying for Vengeance in Visit to Brandon - Saskatoon Blades
- Oil Kings to Pick Third Overall in 2020 WHL U.S. Prospects Draft - Edmonton Oil Kings
- Game Day Hub: February 14 - Portland Winterhawks
- ICE Take on Hurricanes in Eastern Conference Battle - Winnipeg Ice
- Game Day Preview: Pats Conclude Three-Game Road Trip in Edmonton Friday Night - Regina Pats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.