Holmes, Krane Pace Pats Attack in 5-3 Win
Regina, Saskatchewan - Robbie Holmes and Riley Krane each put up four points and Donovan Buskey made 36 saves as the Pats picked up a 5-3 win in Edmonton over the Oil Kings on Friday night at Rogers Place.
In the first, the Oil Kings opened the scoring two minutes in on the powerplay to lead 1-0. The Pats responded less than two minutes later when Riley Krane finished off a back-door feed from Robbie Holmes for his 15th to tie the game. Regina took the lead with just over three minutes left in the frame when Cole Dubinsky chipped in his fifth and it was 2-1 after 20 minutes. In the second, the Pats scored 29 seconds in to lead 3-1. Robbie Holmes set up Logan Nijhoff for his 11th for the two-goal lead. Edmonton got one back at 10:37 from Scott Atkinson and Regina led 3-2 after two. In the third, Ryker Evans gave the Pats a 4-2 lead at the 10-minute mark, scoring his sixth on a shot from the left point. Edmonton got to within one with less than five minutes left, but the Pats scored into an empty net in the final minute, Logan Nijhoff with his second of the night and 12th of the season to make it 5-3 and that was the final score.
The Pats were outshot 39-25, the powerplay was oh for three and the penalty kill four for five. Robbie Holmes and Riley Krane led the offence with four points each, while Donovan Buskey made 36 saves.
The Pats (19-28-3-2) will return to home ice on Monday when they take on the Brandon Wheat Kings at 2 p.m. at the Brandt Centre.
Edmonton - Matthew Robertson (12) unassisted - 1:57 PP.
Regina - Riley Krane (15) from Robbie Holmes - 3:47.
Regina - Cole Dubinsky (5) from Robbie Holmes and Riley Krane - 16:40.
Regina - Logan Nijhoff (11) from Robbie Holmes and Riley Krane - 0:29.
Edmonton - Scott Atkinson (11) from David Kope and Vladimir Alistrov - 10:37.
Regina - Ryker Evans (6) from Riley Krane and Robbie Holmes - 10:05.
Edmonton - Logan DOwhaniuk (1) unassisted - 15:26.
Regina - Logan Nijhoff (12) unassisted - 19:17 EN.
Shots on Goal
Regina 8-6-11-(25) Edmonton 12-16-11-(39)
Regina 0/3 Edmonton 1/5
- Riley Krane put up a career high four points in the win.
- Robbie Holmes put up four assists to take over the team lead in points with 47 on the year.
- Cole Dubinsky has goals in back to back games.
The Pats will return to home ice on Monday when they take on the Brandon Wheat Kings at 2 p.m. at the Brandt Centre. Tickets are available at reginapats.com, the Brandt Centre Box Office or at any Regina Safeway location.
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from February 14, 2020
- Broncos Outmatched by Raiders on the Road - Swift Current Broncos
- Raiders Sweep Season Series with Broncos - Prince Albert Raiders
- Holmes, Krane Pace Pats Attack in 5-3 Win - Regina Pats
- Preview: Rockets gear up for Family Day weekend - Kelowna Rockets
- 'The Hitmen Pledge Powered by ENMAX' Heads into Homestretch - Calgary Hitmen
- Game Preview: Blades Vying for Vengeance in Visit to Brandon - Saskatoon Blades
- Oil Kings to Pick Third Overall in 2020 WHL U.S. Prospects Draft - Edmonton Oil Kings
- Game Day Hub: February 14 - Portland Winterhawks
- ICE Take on Hurricanes in Eastern Conference Battle - Winnipeg Ice
- Game Day Preview: Pats Conclude Three-Game Road Trip in Edmonton Friday Night - Regina Pats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Regina Pats Stories
- Pats Store Headed to Cornwall Centre for Holiday Shopping Season
- Pats Join T's for Toys in Support of Eagle Heart Centre
- Tickets Now Available for Hockey Harvest Lottery
- Saskatchewan WHL Clubs Partner to Launch Hockey Harvest Lottery
- Pats acquire defenceman Tom Cadieux from Tri-City