The Force Is Strong In Bowie, Baysox Host Star Wars Night
BOWIE, Md. - The Bowie Baysox invite fans to embrace the light side of the force on Star Wars Night at Prince George's Stadium on Saturday, Aug. 22, as the team battles the Altoona Curve at 7:05 p.m. The event will feature all the storm troopers and tusken raiders fans can handle, as well as clips from "Star Wars" movies, special guests in movie-quality replica costumes and a post-game fireworks extravaganza.
Since its release on May 25, 1977, "Star Wars" has been an integral part of American pop culture, spanning six films, an animated series, several video games and numerous works of fiction. The team will show clips from the films on the video board throughout the game.
Fans are encouraged to show their support for the series by dressing up for the event and arriving in their x-wings and star destroyers, but fans won't be the only ones in costume. The Old Line Garrison of the 501st Legion and the Terrapin Base of the Rebel Legion will be at the game in movie-quality replica costumes. The groups will keep fans on the edge of their seats when they battle with lightsabers in-between innings. After the game, the Baysox will light up the skies around Prince George's stadium with a fireworks extravaganza that will be visible from the forest moon of Endor.
The Baysox 17th season as the class AA affiliate of the Baltimore Orioles is going strong! Check out www.baysox.com to see all that's going on at the stadium this year, and don't miss a moment of the action as the Baysox attempt to bring home their first Eastern League championship. Individual game tickets and ticket packages are available now at www.baysox.com or by calling the Baysox box office at (301) 464-4865.
• Discuss this story on the Eastern League message board...
Eastern League Stories from July 29, 2009
- Tanaka Trounces Defenders - Bowie Baysox
- Fisher Cats Hang on for 5-4 Win over Rock Cats - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- Defenders Fall to Baysox - Connecticut Defenders
- Aeros Bullpen Key in 5-1 Victory over Erie - Akron RubberDucks
- Portland Out Powered by Reading, lose 6-5 - Portland Sea Dogs
- Newly Aquired Right-Hander to Play for Curve - Altoona Curve
- B-Mets Rained Out in Altoona Wednesday Night - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- Game Postponed - Altoona Curve
- Sens and Trenton Thunder Rained Out Wednesday Night - Harrisburg Senators
- Doubleheader Postponed - Trenton Thunder
- Free Soccer Balls Tonight! - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- Aerodynamics - Akron RubberDucks
- The Force Is Strong In Bowie, Baysox Host Star Wars Night - Bowie Baysox
- Akron Aeros Revised Roster Move - Akron RubberDucks
- Erie SeaWolves at Akron Aeros...Game Three of Four - Erie SeaWolves
- Aeros Place Goedert on DL; Activate Graham - Akron RubberDucks
- Rock Cats Set for Weekend Homestand - New Britain Rock Cats
- Pirates' Phil Dumatrait to Rehab With Curve on Friday - Altoona Curve
- Wild Night Ends In Defeat For Baysox - Bowie Baysox
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.