Tena Named to High-A Central League All-Star Team
(Eastlake, OH) - Captains shortstop José Tena has been named to the High-A Central League All-Star Team, Minor League Baseball™ (MiLB™) announced today. Votes were cast by league broadcasters, Minor League Baseball executives and select members of the media.
Tena, 20, finished the 2021 campaign with the High-A Central League's sixth-highest batting average (.281) and eighth-best slugging percentage (.467). Cleveland's #12 rated prospect, according to MLB Pipeline, was second in hits (116), third in doubles (25), fourth in total bases (193) and fifth in extra-base hits (43).
Tena played the entire regular season with Lake County. In addition to his league-leading numbers, Tena led the Captains in runs (58) and RBI (58). He also finished tied with George Valera for the team lead in home runs (16) and was second to Joe Naranjo in games played (107). Defensively, Tena played all over the Captains' infield. In addition to 81 games at shortstop, Tena played 13 at third base and 11 at second base.
• Discuss this story on the High-A Central League message board...
High-A Central League Stories from October 7, 2021
- Milwaukee Brewers Name Joey Wiemer and Ethan Small as 2021 Robin Yount Performance Award Winners - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- River Bandits Lead League with Four All-Stars - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Parkview Field Ranked No. 1 Ballpark Experience - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Lugnuts' Díaz and Hall Named High-A Central All-Stars - Lansing Lugnuts
- Tena Named to High-A Central League All-Star Team - Lake County Captains
- MiLB Announces High-A Awards and League All-Star Teams - High-A Central
- Ben Gross Named an All-Star - Cedar Rapids Kernels
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.