Lugnuts' Díaz and Hall Named High-A Central All-Stars
NEW YORK, NY - As determined in a vote of High-A Central broadcasters, executives and media members, Lansing Lugnuts third baseman Jordan Díaz and relief ace Charles Hall were named to the High-A Central Postseason All-Star Team, announced by Minor League Baseball on Thursday.
The youngest player on the team roster at age 20 at the start of the season, Jordan Díaz played in 90 games and led the Lugnuts in batting average (.288, fourth best in the league), base hits (96), total bases (161), doubles (24), home runs (13), runs batted in (56), slugging percentage (.483, fourth highest in the league) and sacrifice flies (5). The native of Montería, Colombia, distinguished himself with a home run in his first swing of the year on May 4, followed up with four home runs in a five-day stretch at Fort Wayne, and single-handedly powered the Lugnuts to victory with a two-homer performance against Lake County blue-chip prospect Daniel Espino on August 6.
Díaz, who briefly left the Lugnuts mid-season to play for Team Colombia in Olympic qualifying, finished the season ranked Oakland's No. 11 prospect in the organization by MLB Pipeline and its No. 2 third-base prospect.
Charles Hall, age 27, lived up to his moniker of "Captain Hook" with a feared overhand curve ball that helped him strike out 79 batters in 64 innings while allowing only 42 hits, leading to an impressive opposition batting average of just .191. In 43 games, third most in the league, the Tusculum University product posted a 2.11 ERA. Despite not recording his first save till mid-June, he recorded 12 saves, second highest in the High-A Central.. Hall finished the season strong, allowing only two runs after July 25, a span of 17 appearances and 20 2/3 innings.
For more information about the Lansing Lugnuts, visit lansinglugnuts.com.
• Discuss this story on the High-A Central League message board...
High-A Central League Stories from October 7, 2021
- Milwaukee Brewers Name Joey Wiemer and Ethan Small as 2021 Robin Yount Performance Award Winners - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- River Bandits Lead League with Four All-Stars - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Parkview Field Ranked No. 1 Ballpark Experience - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Lugnuts' Díaz and Hall Named High-A Central All-Stars - Lansing Lugnuts
- Tena Named to High-A Central League All-Star Team - Lake County Captains
- MiLB Announces High-A Awards and League All-Star Teams - High-A Central
- Ben Gross Named an All-Star - Cedar Rapids Kernels
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Lansing Lugnuts Stories
- The Athletic Named Its 2021 A's MiLB All-Stars, and It's Loaded with Lugnuts
- Crosstown Showdown Returns to Jackson Field April 6th
- Lugnuts, Minor League Baseball Join with Marvel Entertainment on "Defenders of the DiamondÃ¢ÂÂ
- Lugnuts' Díaz and Hall Named High-A Central All-Stars
- Nitro Circus Roars into Jackson Field Tomorrow