Tacoma Extends Win Streak To A Season-High Five Games
The Tacoma Rainiers cruised to a 7-3 win over the Oklahoma City RedHawks at Cheney Stadium on Monday, extending the team's win streak to a season-high five games.
The Rainiers got things going in the second with Matt Magnini's sacrifice fly that drove in Mike Carp, followed by a bunt single from outfielder Ezequiel Carrera that drove in Greg Halman and provided the Rainiers with an early 2-0 lead.
Tommy Everidge blasted a two-run homer with Brad Nelson on third to up the lead to four runs in the next inning.
Oklahoma City attempted a comeback with three runs in the fifth, highlighted by a two-RBI triple from outfielder Craig Gentry, but the effort was snuffed out by three more Tacoma scores in the seventh. A sacrifice fly from Carp scored Jack Hannhan in the bottom of the fifth, while a double from Everidge drove in Nelson and Hannahan in the seventh.
The designated hitter Everidge was the star performer for the Rainiers in the win after finishing the night with four RBI in a 2-for-3 outing with a run scored. Oklahoma City first baseman Ryan Garko led the RedHawks after going 2-for-4 with an RBI.
Tacoma starter Chris Seddon notched his fourth win for the Rainiers after holding the RedHawks to three runs on five hits with three walks and a strikeout. The loss went to Oklahoma City starter Michael Ballard after the left-hander gave up five runs on eight hits in a 4.1-inning effort.
The Rainiers look to stretch their win streak to six games as they host the RedHawks on Tuesday night at 7:00 p.m. Right-hander David Pauley will take the mound for Tacoma, with right-hander Tommy Hunter getting the start for Oklahoma City.
For season tickets, group or Muckleshoot Casino Party Deck information call (253) 752-7707, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our website at www.tacomarainiers.com.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from May 25, 2010
- Munson's Two Homers Not Enough in Beavers Loss - Portland Beavers
- Luna Leads Zephyrs to Win - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Reno Silences Isotopes, 3-0 - Reno Aces
- Rainiers Rained Out - Tacoma Rainiers
- Express Score Early, Hang On to Defeat Vegas 8-5 - Round Rock Express
- Royals Select Contract Of Infielder Wilson Betemit From Omaha - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Iowa Cubs Defeat Salt Lake Bees, 8-2 - Iowa Cubs
- Sounds Have Several Promotions For Eight Game Homestand - Nashville Sounds
- Six-Run Third Gives Express Series Opener 9-6 - Round Rock Express
- Rainiers Reschedule Games With Salt Lake - Tacoma Rainiers
- OKC RedHawks Game Notes - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Round Rock Express Game Notes - Round Rock Express
- Cashner Named PCL Pitcher Of The Week - PCL
- Zephyrs End Four Game Losing Streak Defeating Beavers - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Tacoma Extends Win Streak To A Season-High Five Games - Tacoma Rainiers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Tacoma Rainiers Stories
- Tacoma Rainiers Tickets on Sale Now for "Welcome Homestand"
- Brown Returning to Tacoma, New Pitching Coach Marks Lone Change to Field Staff in 2020
- Brugman Homers One Last Time, Rainiers Fall to Las Vegas in Season Finale
- Nolin Strikes out 11, Rainiers Drop Sunday Night Match-Up against Aviators
- Misiewicz Dominant to Propel Rainiers to Second-Straight Win in Las Vegas