Cashner Named PCL Pitcher Of The Week
May 25, 2010 - Pacific Coast League (PCL) News Release
Andrew Cashner has been named the Pacific Coast League Pitcher of the Week for the week of May 17-23, the league announced Monday.
Cashner notched two wins during that time, the only pitcher in the PCL to do so. In his two starts, the Texas native allowed one run on eight hits in 13 innings pitched. On May 22, Cashner pitched Iowa to a 1-0 victory over the Colorado Springs Sky Sox, firing seven shutout innings. In that game Cashner struck out seven and allowed just two singles.
The 23-year-old righty was the Cubs first round draft pick in 2008. He is 3-0 with a 0.95 ERA for Iowa this season. Round Rock Express third baseman Chris Johnson was named PCL Player of the Week. Attachments:
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from May 25, 2010
- Munson's Two Homers Not Enough in Beavers Loss - Portland Beavers
- Luna Leads Zephyrs to Win - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Reno Silences Isotopes, 3-0 - Reno Aces
- Rainiers Rained Out - Tacoma Rainiers
- Express Score Early, Hang On to Defeat Vegas 8-5 - Round Rock Express
- Royals Select Contract Of Infielder Wilson Betemit From Omaha - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Iowa Cubs Defeat Salt Lake Bees, 8-2 - Iowa Cubs
- Sounds Have Several Promotions For Eight Game Homestand - Nashville Sounds
- Six-Run Third Gives Express Series Opener 9-6 - Round Rock Express
- Rainiers Reschedule Games With Salt Lake - Tacoma Rainiers
- OKC RedHawks Game Notes - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Round Rock Express Game Notes - Round Rock Express
- Cashner Named PCL Pitcher Of The Week - PCL
- Zephyrs End Four Game Losing Streak Defeating Beavers - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Tacoma Extends Win Streak To A Season-High Five Games - Tacoma Rainiers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.