Sounds Have Several Promotions For Eight Game Homestand
NASHVILLE, Tenn. - The Nashville Sounds return home to historic Greer Stadium this Friday, May 28, to open an eight-game homestand against the division-rival Iowa Cubs (Cubs affiliate) and Albuquerque Isotopes (Dodgers affiliate).
Highlighting the week's worth of promotions will be two fireworks shows, Military Appreciation Day, Taco Bell Throwback Thursday, and a Webkinz giveaway.
The Sounds welcome manager Ryne Sandberg and the Iowa Cubs back to Greer on Friday for the 7:05 p.m. homestand opener. Combined with Firestone Friday Fireworks, Friday is another great night to come out to the ballpark. Gates open at 5:35 p.m. Tennessee Titans Head Coach Jeff Fisher will make an appearance and throw a ceremonial first pitch before the game.
The second game of the four-game series with the Cubs on Saturday night offers another chance for fans to watch postgame fireworks. Game time is 6:35 p.m. with gates opening at 4:05 p.m. Country music group Savannah Jack will make an appearance and throw a ceremonial first pitch before the game.
Sunday afternoon's 2:05 p.m. contest features Purity Sundae Sunday with $1 ice cream sundaes at Greer Stadium. Ozzie's Kids Club members receive free admission to Sunday games. For sign up information, visit the Community section of www.nashvillesounds.com. Gates open at 12:35 p.m.
Memorial Day's series finale with Iowa takes place at 2:05 p.m. on Monday afternoon and it will be Military Appreciation Day, where veterans or active military personnel and their families can show their military ID at the box office for a Buy One Ticket, Get One Free offer. It is also Dollar Hot Dog Day at Greer, where fans are able to purchase hot dogs for $1 each. Game time is 2:05 p.m. with gates opening at 12:35 p.m.
The Albuquerque Isotopes make their first visit to Greer for Tuesday evening's 7:05 p.m. contest. It is KRAFT Singles Tuesday Night Tickets, where fans will be able to bring in a KRAFT Singles package wrapper/proof of purchase to the box office for a Buy One Ticket, Get One Free offer. Gates open at 5:35 p.m.
The Isotopes and Sounds face off again at 7:05 p.m. on Wednesday for the second game of the four-game set. Albuquerque and Nashville split a four-game series earlier this season in Albuquerque, where the winning team scored 11 or more runs in three of the four games.
Thursday's 7:05 p.m. contest is Taco Bell Throwback Thursday. The Sounds will be wearing retro 1980s-style uniforms, while fans have the opportunity to enjoy concession stands filled with discounted pricing, such as $2 beer, $2 soft drinks, $2 hot dogs, $2 popcorn, and $2 nachos. College students also receive a $5 General Admission ticket with a college ID. Gates open at 5:35 p.m. Beer sales will conclude at the end of the 6th inning, while Slugger's will sell until the end of game.
The first 2,000 fans through the turnstiles for Friday's 7:05 p.m. homestand finale will receive a popular Lil' Webkinz stuffed animal lion character. Webkinz is an exciting online virtual experience where your plush pet comes to life, coming with a special code that lets you adopt your pet in Webkinz World. Gates open at 5:35 p.m. Heisman Trophy winner and four-time Pro Bowler with the Tennessee Titans Eddie George will make an appearance and throw a ceremonial first pitch before the game.
Following the homestand, Nashville will begin an eight-game road trip to face the Round Rock Express (Astros affiliate) and the Omaha Royals (Royals affiliate) before returning to Greer Stadium on Monday, June 14, to open an eight-game homestand with the division-rival Memphis Redbirds and Oklahoma City RedHawks.
Individual and season tickets, as well as group packages, are currently on sale. Call (615) 690-HITS ext. 2 or visit the Sounds' website at www.nashvillesounds.com to order or for more information.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from May 25, 2010
- Munson's Two Homers Not Enough in Beavers Loss - Portland Beavers
- Luna Leads Zephyrs to Win - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Reno Silences Isotopes, 3-0 - Reno Aces
- Rainiers Rained Out - Tacoma Rainiers
- Express Score Early, Hang On to Defeat Vegas 8-5 - Round Rock Express
- Royals Select Contract Of Infielder Wilson Betemit From Omaha - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Iowa Cubs Defeat Salt Lake Bees, 8-2 - Iowa Cubs
- Sounds Have Several Promotions For Eight Game Homestand - Nashville Sounds
- Six-Run Third Gives Express Series Opener 9-6 - Round Rock Express
- Rainiers Reschedule Games With Salt Lake - Tacoma Rainiers
- OKC RedHawks Game Notes - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Round Rock Express Game Notes - Round Rock Express
- Cashner Named PCL Pitcher Of The Week - PCL
- Zephyrs End Four Game Losing Streak Defeating Beavers - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Tacoma Extends Win Streak To A Season-High Five Games - Tacoma Rainiers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Nashville Sounds Stories
- Sounds to Host Texas Rangers Winter Caravan at Ole Smoky Distillery & Yee-Haw Brewing Co. at 6th and Peabody on January 29
- Nashville Sounds Foundation Now Accepting Applications for 2020 Scholarship Program
- Sounds Announce 2020 Coaching Staff
- Nashville Sounds Named Baseball America's Triple-A Freitas Award Winner
- Sounds' Holiday Bundle on Sale Friday