Iowa Cubs Defeat Salt Lake Bees, 8-2
The Cubs seven-run third inning propelled Iowa to an 8-2 win over the Salt Lake Bees Tuesday afternoon in front of 9,070 people at Principal Park. It was the team's 13th victory in 15 games.
Salt Lake held a 1-0 lead after the second inning when Mark Trumbo hit a solo home run off Iowa starter Casey Coleman.
Iowa's third-inning rally started with two outs. Sam Fuld started it off with a single before the team batted around. Darwin Barney then singled before Chad Tracy and Micah Hoffpauir drew back-to-back walks, bringing in a run and tying the game 1-1. Brad Snyder then drew the third consecutive walk to plate Barney. Bobby Scales then hit a two-run single for a 4-1 lead. The hits continued when Bryan LaHair doubled through the hole at second driving in Snyder and Scales. LaHair scored on Chris Robinson's single for the seventh and final run in the inning. LaHair was 2-for-4 with three RBI. Fuld also collected two hits in the win.
The Bees' Mark Trumbo added a run for Salt Lake in the fourth inning when he homered, making it a 7-2 ball game. That was all Salt Lake would get as Iowa went on to win the game, 8-2.
Coleman (5-3, 3.36) earned the win, allowing two runs on five hits in six innings. Marco Albano (1-6, 7.65) took the loss giving up seven runs on four hits in 2.2 innings.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from May 25, 2010
- Munson's Two Homers Not Enough in Beavers Loss - Portland Beavers
- Luna Leads Zephyrs to Win - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Reno Silences Isotopes, 3-0 - Reno Aces
- Rainiers Rained Out - Tacoma Rainiers
- Express Score Early, Hang On to Defeat Vegas 8-5 - Round Rock Express
- Royals Select Contract Of Infielder Wilson Betemit From Omaha - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Iowa Cubs Defeat Salt Lake Bees, 8-2 - Iowa Cubs
- Sounds Have Several Promotions For Eight Game Homestand - Nashville Sounds
- Six-Run Third Gives Express Series Opener 9-6 - Round Rock Express
- Rainiers Reschedule Games With Salt Lake - Tacoma Rainiers
- OKC RedHawks Game Notes - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Round Rock Express Game Notes - Round Rock Express
- Cashner Named PCL Pitcher Of The Week - PCL
- Zephyrs End Four Game Losing Streak Defeating Beavers - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Tacoma Extends Win Streak To A Season-High Five Games - Tacoma Rainiers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.