T-Bones Suffer Complete Game Shutout
FARGO, ND - The Kansas City T-Bones (42-31) ran into a buzz saw Tuesday night at Newman Outdoor Stadium in the form of lefty Tyler Alexander, who led the Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks (41-32) to a 5-0 complete game shut out of Kansas City.
The RedHawks got all the runs they would need in the first two innings while facing T-Bones starter Chris Perry. Perry walked the bases loaded to start the game, and then saw the RedHawks score one run on a single from veteran Josh Mazzola to make it 1-0. Keury De La Cruz was thrown out at the plate for the first out on the play. Perry then would walk another batter then hit KD Kang to make it 2-0 in favor of Fargo-Moorhead.
The final blow would come in the home half of the second when Perry would walk Yhoxian Medina then give up a triple to Devin Ahart. With two down, Mazzola hit a two-run home run to increase the lead to 5-0. Perry would walk another and give up a single before being removed from the game.
The T-Bones bull pen held the RedHawks scoreless the rest of the way, but the damage was done. Alexander gave up a double to Jordan Edgerton and a pair of walks on the way to getting the complete game shutout. It was the third complete game and the first complete game shutout for Alexander.
The T-Bones have been shut out twice this year--both times by Fargo-Moorhead--the last coming on July 13th. It was also the lowest hit total of the season in a game for Kansas City and the first complete game shutout against the T-Bones.
Despite the loss, the T-Bones have a chance at a winning the series and to finish the 10-game road trip at 5-5. Kansas City trails the first place Lincoln Saltdogs for the division lead by five games, but still hold a one game lead in the wild card race in the American Association. The series wraps up Wednesday night with RHP Scott Carroll (7-3, 3.07) getting the start for Kansas City and RHP Tyler Herron (6-2, 3.37) starting for Fargo.
The game is set for 7:02 pm and can be heard online on the T-Bones Broadcast Network with the pregame starting at 6:45 pm . For additional information or interview requests, members of the media may contact the T-Bones Media Relations Department at (817)-739-3693. Tickets are available online, by calling (913)328-5618 or by visiting in person the Providence Medical Center Box Office.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from August 10, 2017
- Saints Can'T Complete Sweep, Lose 9-4 in Finale to RailCats - St. Paul Saints
- Goldeyes Hang on to Win Rubber Match in Sioux Falls - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Saints Celebrate St. Paddy's Day Early with the Sounds of Summer During August 10-13 Homestand - St. Paul Saints
- T-Bones Suffer Complete Game Shutout - Kansas City T-Bones
- Johnson's Homer Lifts Saltdogs to 6-5 Win in Wichita - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Saints Solve McKenzie, RailCats Lose 4th - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Win by Committee, Saints Ride Four Arms, Six Extra Base Hits to 6-4 Win - St. Paul Saints
- Missed Opportunities, Johnson Homer Trip Up - Wichita Wingnuts
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.