Sunday's Hitmen-Tigers Game to be Broadcast in Punjabi
Calgary, AB - The Calgary Hitmen Hockey Club today announced a franchise first in their 25th anniversary season.
Sunday's Diwali Celebration between the Hitmen and Medicine Hat Tigers will be broadcast live in Punjabi on 106.7 RED FM. Game time is 2:00 p.m. at the Scotiabank Saddledome.
Harnarayan Singh from Hockey Night in Canada will join RED FM hosts Gurneet Marwaha and Jagpreet Shergil in the broadcast booth.
"We're proud to be a part of this game and the Diwali Celebration at the Saddledome," said 106.7 RED FM Station Manager Michael Pedersen. "The South Asian community has really embraced ice hockey and we hope this coverage will bring the game even closer to Punjabis across Canada, who will be able to hear the play-by-play and learn about 'Canada's game' in their mother tongue."
The Punjabi broadcast is made possible with the support of Sportsnet 960-The Fan who holds the exclusive radio broadcast rights to Hitmen Hockey.
"Sportsnet 960-The Fan is very excited anytime we can introduce new people to the great game of hockey," said Program Director Kelly Kirch. "The Hitmen have been amazing to work with over the years and their community outreach efforts are second to none."
Fans can listen to the Punjabi broadcast through this link: calgary.redfm.ca. The game will also be carried in English on Sportsnet 960-The Fan.
Tickets for this exciting Diwali Celebration are available for Sunday Funday pricing at $9.99 for kids 12 and under and $15.99 for adults (plus applicable fees and taxes). Sunday Funday is presented by Ricky's All Day Grill and the Diwali Celebration by A1 Chesney Service Experts. The day features a number of in-game events highlighted by first intermission Bhangra dancers and post-game fireworks.
Sunday Funday activities will also be in effect including face painters, concourse activities, giveaways and a post-game family skate that is FREE with a game ticket.
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from October 17, 2019
- Sunday's Hitmen-Tigers Game to be Broadcast in Punjabi - Calgary Hitmen
- Hockey Mom of the Month Presented by Just for You Day Spa - Saskatoon Blades
- Americans to Host Ray Poland & Sons Alzheimer Awareness Night - Tri-City Americans
- One Lucky Fan Wins Free Chick-Fil-A this Saturday, Tips Host Hockey Happy Hour Friday - Everett Silvertips
- Rebels Rookies Masters and Grubbe to Represent Canada at U-17 Challenge - Red Deer Rebels
- Preview: Something's Got to Give as Broncos Meet Royals in Victoria - Swift Current Broncos
- Winnipeg Ice Fans Can Now Save and Choose Games with the Launch of Flex Packs - Winnipeg Ice
- Broncos Drop Overtime Heartbreaker to Rockets - Swift Current Broncos
- Fonstad Rallies Silvertips to Win over Brandon - Everett Silvertips
- Rockets tame Broncos in overtime - Kelowna Rockets
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Calgary Hitmen Stories
- Hitmen Defenceman Luke Prokop Selected by Nashville in 2020 NHL Draft
- Hitmen Select Two Players in 2020 CHL Import Draft
- Hitmen to Make Two Picks in Tuesday's 2020 CHL Import Draft
- Hitmen Sign Prospect Tristan Zandee
- Hitmen Forward Riley Fiddler-Schultz Receives Doug Wickenheiser Memorial Trophy Presented by Kia