Storm Slows Down Sioux City
SIOUX CITY, IA | The Musketeers were back at the Tyson Events Center on Saturday night for round two against the Tri-City Storm. The Musketeers won the first game of the weekend in an overtime thriller but couldn't pick of the second victory, losing by a final score of 5-2.
Early on it looked like the Musketeers would be due for another big offensive night. Marcus Kallionkieli made a cross-ice feed Bobby Brink who tipped it home to give Sioux City the lead just 3:45 into the game. The Musketeers managed to kill off two Storm penalties in the period to send them to the locker room with a 1-0 lead.
Sioux City would extend their lead on Josh Boyer's second goal in two nights. Parker Ford hammered a shot and the rebound trickled to Boyer who fired it home to give the Musketeers a 2-0 lead 6:15 into the 2nd period.
Connor McMenamin finally got the Storm on the board with a powerplay goal at the 7:25 mark. Shan Pinto tied things for Tri-City under three minutes later. The Musketeers had their chances in the frame but failed to convert.
In a similar fashion to these teams last meeting in Tri-City the Storm offense came alive in the 3rd period with three unanswered goals to take a 5-2 lead. The Musketeers failed to find any more offensive magic in this one, losing by a final score of 5-2.
Ben Kraws made 17 of 22 saves for the Musketeers while Isaiah Saville made 25 of 27 shots for the Storm.
In some more unfortunate new the Omaha Lancers took down the Green Bay Gamblers, pulling Omaha back within three points of the final playoff spot in the west.
The Musketeers will be right back at it tomorrow afternoon for the tenth and final game against the Fargo Force. Puck drop set for 3:05 pm.
• Discuss this story on the United States Hockey League message board...
United States Hockey League Stories from March 30, 2019
- Storm Slows Down Sioux City - Sioux City Musketeers
- Storm Set Team Record for Regular Season Wins in 5-2 Defeat of Sioux City - Tri-City Storm
- Muskegon Closes in on Clinching East Top Seed with 5-2 Win - Muskegon Lumberjacks
- Power Play Percentage Astronomical - Waterloo Black Hawks
- Waterloo Edges Chicago in Barn Burner, 7-5 - Chicago Steel
- Stampede Stomp RoughRiders 5-0 - Sioux Falls Stampede
- Flying Aces Defeated by Lumberjacks, 5 to 2 - Central Illinois Flying Aces
- Third Period Gets Away from Stars as They Fall 6-0 to Fargo - Lincoln Stars
- Durny Helps Des Moines Down Dubuque, 6-0 - Dubuque Fighting Saints
- Gameday Preview: Storm Seek Team Wins Record Tonight in Sioux City - Tri-City Storm
- Preview - Stars vs. Force - Lincoln Stars
- Weekend Primer: Des Moines and Central Illinois Come to Dubuque - Dubuque Fighting Saints
- Waterloo Black Hawks Sign Matthew Argentina to Tender - USHL
- Hawks Add Argentina for 2019/20 - Waterloo Black Hawks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Sioux City Musketeers Stories
- Musketeers Look to Improve Draft, Future in Pair of Moves
- Tri-City & Omaha Preview
- Musketeers Make Trade with Lincoln
- Musketeers Make a Deal with Muskegon
- Musketeers Split the Weekend