Storm Chasers Announce 2021 Schedule
The Omaha Storm Chasers, in conjunction with Major League Baseball and the Triple-A East, announced the schedule for the 2021 season on Thursday.
The 2021 season-the 10th season of Storm Chasers baseball and the 52nd season of Triple-A baseball in the Omaha metro area-includes 72 home games at Werner Park and 142 games overall. The first game of the season is scheduled for Tuesday, April 6 at Toledo and the first game at Werner Park is scheduled for Tuesday, April 13 against St. Paul.
The season, which will be the Chasers' first season in a new league since 1998, is scheduled to conclude on Sunday, September 19 at home against Iowa. Game times, promotions, and giveaways for the upcoming season at Werner Park will be released on a later date. Single-game tickets are not yet available for purchase and will be made available for purchase on a later date.
"We're obviously excited to release this season's schedule," Storm Chasers president Martie Cordaro said. "This gives our organization-and more importantly, the entire greater metro area-dates to look forward to and add to our calendars. After nearly 20 months without Chasers baseball at Werner Park, we need the support of our community. We're looking forward to having tickets on sale soon and welcoming everyone back to Werner Park."
The Storm Chasers are scheduled to play at Werner Park on the following dates across nine homestands:
- April: 13-18, 27-30
- May: 1-2, 4-9, 25-30
- June: 1-6, 15-20
- July: 6-11, 20-25
- August: 10-15, 17-22
- September: 1-5, 14-19
The schedule includes 24 weekend home games, including Mother's Day weekend vs. Iowa (May 8-9), Memorial Day weekend vs. Indianapolis (May 29-30), Father's Day weekend (June 19-20) vs. Louisville, and Labor Day weekend (Sept. 4-5) vs. Toledo.
The Storm Chasers new division features a familiar foe in the Iowa Cubs (CHC), and new opponents in the Columbus Clippers (CLE), Indianapolis Indians (PIT), Louisville Bats (CIN), St. Paul Saints (MIN), and Toledo Mud Hens (DET). Due to COVID-19, the Chasers' 2021 schedule will only feature games against divisional opponents and there will not be postseason play.
Omaha is scheduled to welcome Iowa (CHC) to Werner Park for four, six-game series: April 27-May 2, June 1-6, Aug. 10-15, and Sept. 14-19. Additionally, Omaha will host St. Paul (MIN) for three, six-game series: April 13-18, May 4-9, and July 20-25.
The Chasers will welcome Toledo (DET) to Werner Park for two, six-game series: July 6-11, Aug. 31-Sept. 5. Each of the Chasers' other three divisional opponents will visit Omaha for one, six-game series. Louisville (CIN) will visit from June 15-20, Indianapolis (PIT) will visit from May 25-30, and Columbus will visit from Aug. 17-22.
Of the Chasers' six divisional opponents, three are affiliated with AL Central teams-Columbus (CLE), St. Paul (MIN), and Toledo (DET)-and three are affiliated with NL Central teams-Indianapolis (PIT), Iowa (CHC), and Louisville (CIN).
Here is a full schedule breakdown:
- 42 games vs. Iowa (24 home, 18 away)
- 36 games vs. St. Paul (18 home, 18 away)
- 24 games vs. Toledo (12 home, 12 away)
- 18 games vs. Columbus (6 home, 12 away)
- 12 games vs. Louisville (6 home, 6 away)
- 10 games vs. Indianapolis (6 home, 4 away)
The other 13 teams the Triple-A East include the: Buffalo Bison (TOR), Charlotte Knights (CWS), Durham Bulls (TBR), Gwinnett Stripers (ATL), Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp (MIA), Lehigh Valley IronPigs (PHI), Memphis Redbirds (STL), Nashville Sounds (MIL), Norfolk Tides (BAL), Rochester Red Wings (WSH), Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders (NYY), Syracuse Mets (NYM), and Worchester Red Sox (BOS).
The Triple-A East will be split into three divisions: two seven-team divisions and one six-team division.
MIDWEST DIVISION: Columbus Clippers (CLE), Indianapolis Indians (PIT), Iowa Cubs (CHC), Louisville Bats (CIN), Omaha Storm Chasers (KC), Toledo Mud Hens (DET), St. Paul Saints (MIN)
NORTHEAST DIVISION: Buffalo Bisons (TOR), Lehigh Valley IronPigs (PHI), Rochester Red Wings (WSH), Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders (NYY), Syracuse Mets (NYM), Worcester Red Sox (BOS)
SOUTHEAST DIVISION: Charlotte Knights (CWS), Durham Bulls (TBR), Gwinnett Stripers (ATL), Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp (MIA), Memphis Redbirds (STL), Nashville Sounds (MIL), Norfolk Tides (BAL)
For more information, please visit omahastormchasers.com, call the Werner Park Ticket office at (402) 738-5100, and follow the team on social media. You can follow the team on Twitter @omastormchasers, on Instagram @omahastormchasers, and "like" us at facebook.com/omahastormchasers.
• Discuss this story on the Triple-A East League message board...
Triple-A East League Stories from February 18, 2021
- 2021 Worcester Red Sox Schedule Unveiled - Worcester Red Sox
- All-Time 25, Victory Field Era Roster: Nos. 13-10 - Indianapolis Indians
- Charlotte Knights 2021 Season to Begin April 6 - Charlotte Knights
- 2021 Schedule Announced, Opening Day April 6 - Durham Bulls
- Indianapolis Indians Release 2021 Schedule - Indianapolis Indians
- RailRiders Announce 2021 Schedule - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Storm Chasers Announce 2021 Schedule - Omaha Storm Chasers
- 2021 Minor League Baseball Schedule Announced - AAA East
- IronPigs Announce 2021 Schedule - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Memphis Redbirds Announce 2021 Schedule - Memphis Redbirds
- Nashville Sounds Announce 2021 Schedule - Nashville Sounds
- Syracuse Mets Announce 2021 Schedule - Syracuse Mets
- Bisons Announce 2021 Playing Schedule - Opening Day Is April 6th at Sahlen Field - Buffalo Bisons
- Gwinnett Stripers Announce 2021 Schedule Dates - Gwinnett Stripers
- Pomp Meet Circumstance, Saints First Season in Triple-A Begins with April 6 Home Opener - St. Paul Saints
- Jumbo Shrimp 2021 Schedule Marks Return of Affordable Family Fun - Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp
- Iowa Announces 2021 Schedule - Iowa Cubs
- Red Wings Release 2021 Schedule - Rochester Red Wings
- Baseball returns to Fifth Third Field Tuesday, April 6 - Toledo Mud Hens
- Tides Announce 2021 Schedule - Norfolk Tides
- IronPigs Announce 2021 Schedule - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Omaha Storm Chasers Stories
- Storm Chasers Announce 2021 Ticketing Policies, Safety Protocols
- Storm Chasers Announce Ticketing Policies, Safety Protocols
- Storm Chasers Announce Promotion, New Hires
- Storm Chasers Announce Promotional Schedule
- Numerous Omaha Alums Featured on 2021 Opening Day Rosters in MLB