STLFC Signs Collin Fernandez
ST. LOUIS, Mo. - Saint Louis FC announced the club has acquired midfielder Collin Fernandez from Phoenix Rising FC, pending league and federation approval, with terms of the transfer not disclosed per club policy.
Fernandez makes his return to Saint Louis FC after making three appearances for the club on loan from Chicago Fire during the 2016 USL Championship season.
"I am very excited to be in St. Louis and I can't wait to get to work with my new teammates and the staff," said Fernandez.
Fernandez was born in Downers Grove, Illinois and developed in the Chicago Fire youth system before signing a professional homegrown contract in 2014. He was loaned to Louisville City FC for part of the 2015 season where he made four appearances before returning to Chicago to play in three games over the 2015-2016 MLS seasons. He would then be loaned to affiliate club Tulsa Roughnecks FC for the 2017 USL Championship season and make 28 appearances with one goal scored and two assists contributed before signing a contract with Phoenix Rising FC. Fernandez would make 21 appearances and score two goals and contribute three assists-including 21 key passes-on the way to the 2018 USL Championship Cup Final. He has made nine appearances so far during the 2019 season with 433 minutes played and five key passes distributed.
"Collin is a player I've admired for some time," said STLFC Head Coach Anthony Pulis. "I think it's another positive addition to our squad as we approach the second half of the season. He's a quality player and person who will not only improve us on the field but fit in perfectly from a cultural standpoint too."
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from July 18, 2019
- Reno's Road Trip Rolls Into Southern California - Reno 1868 FC
- Republic FC Sign Polish Playmaker Dariusz Formella - Sacramento Republic FC
- Preview: Riverhounds SC vs. North Carolina FC - Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC
- Phoenix Rising FC Seeks to Continue Winning Streaks - Phoenix Rising FC
- Nashville SC Gain Confidence from Win and Clean Sheet against Memphis 901 FC - Nashville SC
- Memphis 901 FC Match at Charleston Rescheduled for September 2 - Memphis 901 FC
- Athletic Sign Bedoya from NYCFC - Hartford Athletic
- Budweiser Man of the Match: Jimmy Ockford Stands out in Nashville SC Debut vs. Memphis - Nashville SC
- Nashville SC Teams up with Second Harvest Food Bank for Food Drive at Next Home Match on July 27 at Nissan Stadium - Nashville SC
- Nashville SC vs. New York Red Bulls II Rescheduled for Wednesday, August 21 - Nashville SC
- STLFC Signs Collin Fernandez - Saint Louis FC
- Fury FC Adds Canadian GK to Roster - Ottawa Fury FC
- Rising Transfers Collin Fernandez to Saint Louis FC - Phoenix Rising FC
- Energy FC and Morelos Hosting Youth Soccer Clinic Tonight - OKC Energy FC
- El Paso Locomotive FC Open up First of Two Games this Week in Front of 6,128 Electric "Loco" Fans - El Paso Locomotive FC
- San Antonio FC Earns 3-1 Win on the Road against El Paso Locomotive FC - San Antonio FC
- Reno Overcomes Two-Goal Halftime Deficit to Top OKC 3-2 - Reno 1868 FC
- Hartford's Comeback Bid Falls Just Short at Swope Park - Hartford Athletic
- Preview: Hartford Eyes Three Points at Swope Park - Hartford Athletic
- Nearly 8,000 Strong Experience Memphis-Nashville Rivalry Wednesday Night at AutoZone Park - Memphis 901 FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.