Stampede Trades for Lewis Jackson
BOISE, Idaho (December 4, 2014) - The Idaho Stampede has acquired Lewis Jackson from the Westchester Knicks in exchange for a future draft pick, the team announced today. Jackson is expected join the Stampede in Texas this weekend as Idaho plays at Austin on December 5 and at Rio Grande Valley on December 6.
Jackson (5-10, 165, Purdue) played with the Erie BayHawks during the 2013-14 NBA D-League season. Over 36 games, he averaged 11.8 points, 8.9 assists and 4.5 rebounds in 33.2 minutes per game. Jackson played four years at Purdue University (2008-2012) averaging 10.4 points and 4.2 assists during his senior season.
In a related move, Idaho guard Nick Covington has been waived. Covington appeared in five games for the Stampede this season, averaging 9.0 points per game to go along with 3.2 rebounds and 2.6 assists.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from December 4, 2014
- Legends Hand Vipers First Home Loss - Texas Legends
- Vipers Fall 117-109 to Texas - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Stampede Trades for Lewis Jackson - Idaho Stampede
- Westchester Knicks Acquire Future Second Round Draft Pick - Westchester Knicks
- Celtics Assign Powell, Smart and Young to NBA D-League's Maine Red Claws - G League
- Santa Cruz Warriors Sign Dominique Sutton - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Thunder's Mitch McGary Assigned to NBA D-League's Oklahoma City Blue - G League
- McGary Assigned to Oklahoma City Blue - Oklahoma City Blue
- Coats for Kids Night December 7th - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Austin Spurs Announce Partnership with Dahill - Austin Spurs
- Cavs Assign Alex Kirk to NBA D-League's Canton Charge - G League
- Cavs Assign Alex Kirk to Canton Charge - Canton Charge
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.