Stampede Acquire Mychal Ammons and Ian Chiles
BOISE, Idaho (January 23, 2016) - The Idaho Stampede announced today that the team has acquired forward Mychal Ammons and center Ian Chiles from the available player pool. Following the move, Idaho's roster stands at 11 players.
Ammons (6-6, 225, South Alabama) attended training camp with the Stampede this season before being waived on Nov. 11. He most recently appeared in six games for Estudiantes Concordia in Argentina, averaging 3.3 points, 4.3 rebounds, 1.2 assists and 1.3 blocks in 16.4 minutes of action. During the 2014-15 season, Ammons appeared in 27 games (21 starts) for KK Feni Industries in Macedonia, averaging 9.3 points, 7.3 rebounds, 1.8 assists and 1.3 blocks.
The 24-year-old played three seasons at the University of South Alabama (2011-14), appearing in 90 games (75 starts) and averaging 10.0 points, 6.6 rebounds and 1.2 assists in 27.7 minutes. A native of Vicksburg, Miss., Ammons played high school basketball at Vicksburg High School.
Chiles (7-2, 260, Morgan State) appeared in one game for the Oklahoma City Blue this season. He was selected in the third round of the 2015 NBA D-League Draft by the Los Angeles D-Fenders before being traded to Oklahoma City. The 25-year-old spent the 2014-15 campaign with BC Rilski Sportist in Bulgaria, averaging 8.6 points and 4.5 rebounds in 18.9 minutes. Chiles was a member of the Washington Wizards at the 2014 NBA Summer League in Las Vegas.
Chiles was a standout at Morgan State (2009-14) where he earned All-Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference First Team honors as a senior. The New York native attended Paterson Catholic High School in Paterson, N.J.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 23, 2016
- Blue Locks Down Jam, 111-86 - Oklahoma City Blue
- Iowa Energy Fall to Delaware - Iowa Wolves
- Jam Fall to the Blue - Bakersfield Jam
- Fourth Quarter Rally Halts Charge Streak - Canton Charge
- Mad Ants Drop Red Claws - Maine Red Claws
- Stampede Acquire Mychal Ammons and Ian Chiles - Idaho Stampede
- L.A. Clippers Sign Jeff Ayres to 10-Day Contract - Idaho Stampede
- Aaron Harrison Recalled from Oklahoma City Blue - Oklahoma City Blue
- Rockets Assign Montrezl Harrell and K.J. McDaniels to Rio Grande Valley - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Today's Game Between the Erie BayHawks and Westchester Knicks Postponed - Erie BayHawks
- Today's Game Between Westchester Knicks and Erie BayHawks Postponed - Westchester Knicks
- January 24th Game Between Raptors 905 and Grand Rapids Drive Postponed - Grand Rapids Drive
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.