Special Screening of "The Russian Five" to Benefit the Griffins Youth Foundation
GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. - Hockey fans across West Michigan are invited to a special screening of the new, award-winning Detroit Red Wings documentary "The Russian Five" that will take place on Monday, March 25 at 7 p.m. at Celebration! Cinema North (2121 Celebration Dr. NE).
In the late 1980s, the Red Wings worked to finally break their decades-long Stanley Cup drought by extracting players from the Soviet Union, and in the process, changed the way North American hockey is played. The quintet of forwards Sergei Fedorov, Igor Larionov and Vyacheslav Kozlov, and defensemen Viacheslav Fetisov and Vladimir Konstantinov played an instrumental role during the Red Wings' success in the 1990s and early 2000s.
The film's $15 ticket price includes popcorn and Pepsi products, and $11 from every ticket sold will benefit the Griffins Youth Foundation.
Tickets are on sale now and seating is limited. To view the trailer and order tickets, visit griffinshockey.com/russianfive. More information about the film is available at therussianfive.com.
This fundraiser is presented by The HUGE Show (106.1 FM/1340 AM) and hosted by Celebration! Cinema, Lucky Hat Entertainment, the Grand Rapids Griffins, and the Griffins Youth Foundation.
Established in 1995, the Griffins Youth Foundation promotes academic excellence, community involvement and healthy lifestyles among the youth of West Michigan, enhancing their lives through hockey and ice-related sports.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 14, 2019
- Tampa Bay Lightning Reassign Defenseman Matthew Spencer to Syracuse Crunch, Oleg Sosunov to Orlando Solar Bears - Syracuse Crunch
- Blues Assign Jordan Kyrou to Rampage - San Antonio Rampage
- Ottawa Recalls Brannstrom, Goloubef - Belleville Senators
- Moose Release Brent Pedersen - Manitoba Moose
- T-Birds Look to Close Season Series against Comets with Win in Utica - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Blackhawks Reassign Delia, Hogs Recall Tomkins - Rockford IceHogs
- Marlies Celebrate Women's Hockey on March 24 - Toronto Marlies
- How to Own the Chicago Wolves' St. Patrick's Day Jerseys and Help Easterseals - Chicago Wolves
- Forney Recalled from Tulsa - San Diego Gulls
- Roadrunners University of Arizona Night to be Held April 12 - Tucson Roadrunners
- Leach Returns to South Carolina After Earning AHL Contract - Hershey Bears
- Comets Sign Dyson Stevenson to PTO - Utica Comets
- Special Screening of "The Russian Five" to Benefit the Griffins Youth Foundation - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Hogs Return Home for Dino Night Saturday, Golf Hat Giveaway Sunday - Rockford IceHogs
- Flyers Recall F Justin Bailey - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Reign Rally Nets OT Point - Ontario Reign
- Gulls Get back on Track, Beat Bakersfield in OT - San Diego Gulls
- Condors Gain Point on Division Lead in 5-4 OT Loss - Bakersfield Condors
- Moose Open Set with Texas with Victory - Manitoba Moose
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Grand Rapids Griffins Stories
- Chris Terry Named Griffins' 2019-20 IOA/American Specialty AHL Man of the Year
- Join the Griffins in Helping Kids' Food Basket's COVID-19 Emergency Response
- Griffins Ink Patrick Curry to Two-Year Deal
- Max Humitz, Tory Dello Signed to One-Year Contracts
- Puempel and Pickard Power Griffins to Win