Blackhawks Reassign Delia, Hogs Recall Tomkins
ROCKFORD, Ill. - The Chicago Blackhawks today announced they have reassigned goaltender Collin Delia to the American Hockey League's Rockford IceHogs. In addition, the IceHogs have recalled goaltender Matt Tomkins from their ECHL affiliate, the Indy Fuel.
Delia, 24, has split the 2018-19 season between Rockford and Chicago. He is 8-6-4 with a 2.36 GAA and .929 save percentage over 19 appearances with the IceHogs and has won three of his last four AHL appearances. The netminder returns to the Hogs having limited opponents to two or fewer goals in 12 of his 19 outings.
The Rancho Cucamonga, California native has also posted a 6-4-3 record with a 3.61 GAA and .908 save percentage in 16 NHL appearances with Chicago this season. Delia made 29 saves on 32 shots at Toronto last night in his lone appearance since being recalled on an emergency basis on March 5.
Tomkins, 24, has spent the entire 2018-19 campaign with the Fuel, posting a 24-17-2 record with a 3.07 GAA and .904 save percentage. He enters Thursday ranked first in the league in saves (1,313) and minutes (2,734) an second in total wins. The netminder has won the CCM/ECHL Goaltender of the Week award three times this season, most recently earning the honors on Jan. 29 after going 2-0-0 with one shutout over two starts on Jan. 25 and 26.
Overall, the Edmonton, Alberta native is 35-26-2 in 71 career ECHL games with the Fuel. Tomkins also joins the IceHogs with a 1-4-2 clip, 4.04 GAA and .871 save percentage in eight career AHL contests with Rockford during the 2017-18 season.
Next Home Game: March 16 vs. Cleveland | 6 p.m.
The Rockford IceHogs host Dino Night on March 16 at the BMO Harris Bank Center. The first 2,500 fans in attendance will receive a FREE bobblehead of Jane, the T-Rex, which is displayed in Rockford's own Burpee Museum of Natural History, courtesy of Register Star Media.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 14, 2019
- Tampa Bay Lightning Reassign Defenseman Matthew Spencer to Syracuse Crunch, Oleg Sosunov to Orlando Solar Bears - Syracuse Crunch
- Blues Assign Jordan Kyrou to Rampage - San Antonio Rampage
- Ottawa Recalls Brannstrom, Goloubef - Belleville Senators
- Moose Release Brent Pedersen - Manitoba Moose
- T-Birds Look to Close Season Series against Comets with Win in Utica - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Blackhawks Reassign Delia, Hogs Recall Tomkins - Rockford IceHogs
- Marlies Celebrate Women's Hockey on March 24 - Toronto Marlies
- How to Own the Chicago Wolves' St. Patrick's Day Jerseys and Help Easterseals - Chicago Wolves
- Forney Recalled from Tulsa - San Diego Gulls
- Roadrunners University of Arizona Night to be Held April 12 - Tucson Roadrunners
- Leach Returns to South Carolina After Earning AHL Contract - Hershey Bears
- Comets Sign Dyson Stevenson to PTO - Utica Comets
- Special Screening of "The Russian Five" to Benefit the Griffins Youth Foundation - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Hogs Return Home for Dino Night Saturday, Golf Hat Giveaway Sunday - Rockford IceHogs
- Flyers Recall F Justin Bailey - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Reign Rally Nets OT Point - Ontario Reign
- Gulls Get back on Track, Beat Bakersfield in OT - San Diego Gulls
- Condors Gain Point on Division Lead in 5-4 OT Loss - Bakersfield Condors
- Moose Open Set with Texas with Victory - Manitoba Moose
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Rockford IceHogs Stories
- IceHogs Announce Six Prime Dates for 2019-20 Season
- Rockford Agrees to Terms with Forwards Coughlin & Ramsey
- Secure Your Seats For 2019-20 At Saturday's Garage Sale
- IceHogs Ink Defensemen McArdle & Osipov to AHL Deals
- Rockford Agrees to Terms with Marchand, Thompson