Tampa Bay Lightning Reassign Defenseman Matthew Spencer to Syracuse Crunch, Oleg Sosunov to Orlando Solar Bears
SYRACUSE, N.Y. - The Tampa Bay Lightning have reassigned defenseman Matthew Spencer to the Syracuse Crunch from the Orlando Solar Bears of the ECHL, vice president and general manager Julien BriseBois announced today. Additionally, the Lightning have reassigned defenseman Oleg Sosunov to Orlando.
Spencer, 21, has played in 36 games with the Solar Bears this season earning two goals and 13 assists along with a plus-15 rating. He has also skated in nine games with the Crunch this season tallying one assist. Last season, the 6-foot-2, 193-pound blueliner appeared in 39 games with the Crunch recording five points (1g, 4a). He also played in 14 games with the Adirondack Thunder earning two goals and an assist.
Prior to his pro career, the Guelph, Ontario native appeared in 251 career OHL games, all with the Peterborough Petes, posting 19 goals and 98 points to go along with 203 penalty minutes. Spencer was selected by the Lightning in the second round, 44th overall, at the 2015 NHL Draft.
Sosunov, 20, has appeared in 10 games with the Crunch this season recording one goal. He has also registered a goal and four assists in 15 games with the Solar Bears. The 6-foot-9, 236-pound defenseman skated in 71 games with the Moose Jaw Warriors of the WHL last season tallying seven goals and 19 assists with a plus-35 rating.
Sosunov was selected by the Lightning in the sixth round, 178th overall, at the 2016 NHL Draft.
Single game tickets and packages for the 2018-19 season are on sale now and can be purchased in person at the Crunch office located inside the War Memorial Arena at 800 S. State St. in Syracuse, by calling the office at 315-473-4444 or online through Ticketmaster. For the latest Crunch news, visit www.syracusecrunch.com or follow the club on Facebook (www.facebook.com/syracusecrunch), Twitter (@SyracuseCrunch) and Instagram (@syracusecrunch) using #SyrCrunch.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 14, 2019
- Tampa Bay Lightning Reassign Defenseman Matthew Spencer to Syracuse Crunch, Oleg Sosunov to Orlando Solar Bears - Syracuse Crunch
- Blues Assign Jordan Kyrou to Rampage - San Antonio Rampage
- Ottawa Recalls Brannstrom, Goloubef - Belleville Senators
- Moose Release Brent Pedersen - Manitoba Moose
- T-Birds Look to Close Season Series against Comets with Win in Utica - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Blackhawks Reassign Delia, Hogs Recall Tomkins - Rockford IceHogs
- Marlies Celebrate Women's Hockey on March 24 - Toronto Marlies
- How to Own the Chicago Wolves' St. Patrick's Day Jerseys and Help Easterseals - Chicago Wolves
- Forney Recalled from Tulsa - San Diego Gulls
- Roadrunners University of Arizona Night to be Held April 12 - Tucson Roadrunners
- Leach Returns to South Carolina After Earning AHL Contract - Hershey Bears
- Comets Sign Dyson Stevenson to PTO - Utica Comets
- Special Screening of "The Russian Five" to Benefit the Griffins Youth Foundation - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Hogs Return Home for Dino Night Saturday, Golf Hat Giveaway Sunday - Rockford IceHogs
- Flyers Recall F Justin Bailey - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Reign Rally Nets OT Point - Ontario Reign
- Gulls Get back on Track, Beat Bakersfield in OT - San Diego Gulls
- Condors Gain Point on Division Lead in 5-4 OT Loss - Bakersfield Condors
- Moose Open Set with Texas with Victory - Manitoba Moose
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Syracuse Crunch Stories
- Crunch Weekly
- Syracuse Crunch to Host Halloween Spooktacular Presented by New York's 529 College Savings Program Direct Plan October 27
- Syracuse Crunch to Host Pink in the Rink Presented by Upstate Cancer Center October 26
- Checkers Blow Past Crunch, 7-3
- Syracuse Crunch Partner with RPM Raceway for 2019-20 Season