South Bay Lakers Acquire Justin Harper
EL SEGUNDO - The South Bay Lakers have acquired Justin Harper as a returning player, it was announced today by General Manager Nick Mazzella. Harper returns to South Bay after appearing in 45 games with the team during the 2016-17 season.
Harper played 45 games (45 starts) for South Bay in 2016-17, averaging 16.5 points, 6.8 rebounds and 1.4 assists while shooting 48.8 percent from the field and 40.9 percent from three-point range. The Richmond product received an NBA Call-Up in each season with the Lakers (Detroit Pistons in 2015-16 and Philadelphia 76ers in 2016-17) and was named an NBA G League All-Star in 2016 and 2017. The three-year NBA veteran has appeared in 22 career NBA games with the Orlando Magic, Pistons and 76ers.
Harper most recently played for ASVEL Basket in France, where he averaged 8.9 points and 3.1 rebounds while shooting 54.5 percent from the field.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from December 4, 2018
- Daigneault Named November NBA G League Coach of the Month - Oklahoma City Blue
- Hustle Get Back in Win Column against Grand Rapids - Memphis Hustle
- Hustle Cruise Past Drive - Grand Rapids Drive
- Houston Rockets Assign Isaiah Hartenstein to Vipers - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Pelicans Assign Frank Jackson to Texas Legends - Texas Legends
- Long Island Wins High Scoring Matinee against Wisconsin - Long Island Nets
- Memphis Grizzlies Sign Joakim Noah - Memphis Hustle
- South Bay Lakers Acquire Justin Harper - South Bay Lakers
- Stars Defeat Vipers - Salt Lake City Stars
- Vipers Fall to Salt Lake City Stars - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.