Long Island Wins High Scoring Matinee against Wisconsin
LONG ISLAND - The Long Island Nets (8-3), the NBA G League affiliate of the Brooklyn Nets, got back to their winning ways at NYCB LIVE, home of the Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum, defeating the Wisconsin Herd (1-11) 130-124 on Tuesday.
Brooklyn two-way guard/forward Theo Pinson led the Nets with 26 points and pitched in with six rebounds, six assists and two steals. Brooklyn guard/forward Dzanan Musa logged his first double-double of the season with 20 points and a career-high 10 rebounds along with an assist and a career-high four steals while on assignment with Long Island.
In front of a packed house, the Nets scored the first 16 points of the game and led by as many as 25 in a first quarter where they outscored the Herd 42-20.
The Nets led for the entire game, but Wisconsin began to chip away at the lead in the second quarter, cutting it down to 15 points at halftime, 71-56.
In the third, the Nets added to their lead, going up 22 points entering the final quarter, but Wisconsin would make it a game in the fourth, behind Christian Wood's 17 points in the final period. A James Young layup with 14.9 seconds remaining cut this one to a one-possession game before Theo Pinson iced the game with clutch free throws down the stretch.
Wisconsin forward James Young led all scorers with 32 points and registered a double-double, adding 12 rebounds, two assists, four steals and two blocks. Milwaukee center Christian Wood scored 21 points and had nine rebounds, two assists and three blocks while on assignment with Wisconsin.
The Nets will travel to Canton on Thursday, 12/6, to face the Charge at 7 p.m. ET, while Wisconsin returns home to face off against the Raptors 905 on Friday, 12/7, at 8 p.m. ET.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from December 4, 2018
- Daigneault Named November NBA G League Coach of the Month - Oklahoma City Blue
- Hustle Get Back in Win Column against Grand Rapids - Memphis Hustle
- Hustle Cruise Past Drive - Grand Rapids Drive
- Houston Rockets Assign Isaiah Hartenstein to Vipers - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Pelicans Assign Frank Jackson to Texas Legends - Texas Legends
- Long Island Wins High Scoring Matinee against Wisconsin - Long Island Nets
- Memphis Grizzlies Sign Joakim Noah - Memphis Hustle
- South Bay Lakers Acquire Justin Harper - South Bay Lakers
- Stars Defeat Vipers - Salt Lake City Stars
- Vipers Fall to Salt Lake City Stars - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Long Island Nets Stories
- Long Island Falls to Rio Grande Valley in NBA G League Finals
- Long Island Defeats Rio Grande Valley to Take 1-0 Lead in NBA G League Finals
- Alan Williams and Theo Pinson Receive All-NBA G League Honors
- Long Island Defeats Lakeland to Become Eastern Conference Champions
- Mitch Creek Signs 10-Day Contract with Minnesota Timberwolves