Sounders FC Youth Camps See Huge Increase in Registration
RENTON, Wash. - The Sounders FC announced today 3,500 youth has already signed up for the soccer camps and five locations have already reached full capacity. Registration is up by nearly 1200 campers from the same date in 2009.
As co-presenting partner of the youth camps, Group Health will work with Sounders FC staff to integrate nutrition and healthy lifestyle tips into the summer camp curriculum. They will also offer scholarships to area youth. Those interested, can apply for the scholarships at www.soundersfc.com.
"Soccer ties in perfectly with Group Health's goal of wellness and an active lifestyle, and who better to focus on than kids?" said Paul Sherman, Group Health medical director for strategy deployment. "If we can get kids out on the soccer field and educate them on nutrition, they'll have a solid foundation for a healthier life."
The Seattle Sounders FC will host 55 soccer skills camps for boys and girls ages 4-15 throughout the Northwest this summer. The camps will feature a diverse and expert coaching staff composed of local high school, college, professional and former professional players. Each camp will include a skill based curriculum, adidas soccer ball, Sounders FC t-shirt, appearances by Sounders FC technical staff, discount coupon for Sounders FC merchandise, and the opportunity to meet the team at the Sounders FC Camper Appreciation Day.
"We are excited to incorporate Group Health's expertise on nutrition into our overall camp programming," said Sounders FC general manager and owner Adrian Hanauer. "Making healthy food choices will help campers perform at their very best on and off the field." For more information and to apply for a scholarship visit www.soundersfc.com.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from June 17, 2010
- Real Salt Lake to Host USA V. Slovenia Viewing Party Friday Morning at Green Street - Real Salt Lake
- Real Salt Lake Match Preview: International Club Friendly Saturday, June 19 V. Puntarenas F.C. - Real Salt Lake
- Chivas USA to Host U.S. Open Cup Third Round Game at Titan Stadium in Fullerton - Club Deportivo Chivas USA
- Comcast SportsNet Mid-Atlantic to Present D.C. United - D.C. United
- Rapids to Host Inaugural Rocky Mountain College Cup - Colorado Rapids
- Chicago Fire to Host Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup Match at Toyota Park - Chicago Fire FC
- Sounders FC Youth Camps See Huge Increase in Registration - Seattle Sounders FC
- Chicago Fire Forward Brian McBride to Visit Children's Memorial Hospital - Chicago Fire FC
- D.C. United to Host U.S. Open Cup Third Round Match - D.C. United
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Seattle Sounders FC Stories
- Second Half Surge Propels Sounders FC to 4-0 Opening Match Win over Minnesota United
- Sounders FC Finalizes Roster Ahead of 2021 Campaign
- Sounders FC Loans Midfielder Shandon Hopeau to San Antonio FC
- Sounders FC Announces Complete Regional Broadcast Lineup for 2021 Season
- Sounders FC Statement on Season Ticket Member Pre-Sale