Sounders FC Holds Two Picks in Friday's 2019 MLS SuperDraft Presented by adidas
SEATTLE, WASH. - Sounders FC holds two picks in the 2019 MLS SuperDraft presented by adidas, with the annual collegiate draft being held at McCormick Place West in Chicago on Friday, January 11 (10:00 a.m. PT / MLSsoccer.com, MLS App). Seattle has the 20th overall selection in the first round, followed by the 44th overall selection in the second round. The first and second rounds are taking place live from the Skyline Ballroom on the third floor of the McCormick Place West convention center. The third and fourth rounds are being held via conference call on Monday, January 14, with Seattle currently holding 68th overall selection in the third round.
Fans can watch live coverage of the 2019 MLS SuperDraft presented by adidas on MLSsoccer.com, the MLS App, and on MLS social media platforms (YouTube, Twitter, and Facebook) for exclusive first interviews with draft picks, and expert analysis from MLSsoccer.com personalities. A number of Sounders FC players entered the league via the SuperDraft, including Cristian Roldan (2015), Will Bruin (2011), Stefan Frei (2009) and Chad Marshall (2004).
Sounders FC begins its 2019 preseason on Tuesday, January 22 at Starfire Sports before traveling to out-of-town training camps in Orange County, California (January 24-February 2) and Tucson, Arizona (February 6-16). Major League Soccer unveiled Sounders FC's full 2019 schedule earlier this week, with the Rave Green set to host expansion side FC Cincinnati in the season opener on March 2 at CenturyLink Field.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from January 10, 2019
- Atlanta United Claims League-High 7 Awards at 2018 MLS Club and Executive Awards - Atlanta United FC
- MLS Announces 2018 Club and Executive Award Winners - MLS
- Peter Vermes Named MLS Sporting Executive of the Year - Sporting Kansas City
- LAFC Holds Three Selections in Friday's2019 MLS SuperDraft Presented by adidas - Los Angeles FC
- Sounders FC Holds Two Picks in Friday's 2019 MLS SuperDraft Presented by adidas - Seattle Sounders FC
- Sounders FC Original Osvaldo Alonso Signs with Minnesota United FC - Seattle Sounders FC
- Orlando City SC Acquires 2020 MLS SuperDraft Second Round Pick - Orlando City SC
- Minnesota United Adds MLS Cup Winner Osvaldo "Ozzie" Alonso - Minnesota United FC
- LA Galaxy Re-Sign Defender Dave Romney - LA Galaxy
- Orlando City SC Signs Center Back Alex De John - Orlando City SC
- MLS SuperDraft Presented by adidas Set for Friday, January 11 in Chicago - MLS
- Whitecaps FC Kick off Newly-Expanded Canadian Championship in July - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Timbers, Liam Ridgewell Mutually Agree to Part Ways - Portland Timbers
- Sporting KC Announces 2019 Promo Schedule - Sporting Kansas City
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Seattle Sounders FC Stories
- Leyva and Ocampo-Chavez Called into U.S. U-17 Men's National Team for 2019 FIFA U-17 World Cup in Brazil
- Single-Match Tickets for Sounders FC's First Match of the Audi 2019 MLS Cup Playoffs Go on Sale Tomorrow at 2:00 PM PT
- Sounders FC Secures Second Place in Western Conference with 1-0 Decision Day Win over Minnesota United FC
- Game Notes: Sounders FC vs. Minnesota United FC - October 6, 2019
- Six Additional Sounders FC Players Called into International Duty