Orlando City SC Acquires 2020 MLS SuperDraft Second Round Pick
ORLANDO, Fla. - Orlando City SC has acquired the 2020 natural second round MLS SuperDraft pick and the No. 4 waiver priority during the next waiver claiming period from Minnesota United, in exchange for two 2019 fourth round SuperDraft picks and No. 1 waiver priority during the next waiver claiming period.
Orlando City currently owns the Nos. 3, 27, 38, 59 and 96 picks in the 2019 MLS SuperDraft presented by adidas, taking place on Friday, Jan. 11 at Chicago's McCormick Place. Expansion side FC Cincinnati will have the first overall selection.
For more information about MLS Waiver Draft rules and procedures, visit MLSsoccer.com.
TRANSACTION: Orlando City SC receives a 2020 natural second round SuperDraft pick and the No. 4 waiver priority during the next waiver claiming period from Minnesota United, in exchange for two 2019 fourth round SuperDraft picks and No. 1 waiver priority during the next waiver claiming period.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from January 10, 2019
- Atlanta United Claims League-High 7 Awards at 2018 MLS Club and Executive Awards - Atlanta United FC
- MLS Announces 2018 Club and Executive Award Winners - MLS
- Peter Vermes Named MLS Sporting Executive of the Year - Sporting Kansas City
- LAFC Holds Three Selections in Friday's2019 MLS SuperDraft Presented by adidas - Los Angeles FC
- Sounders FC Holds Two Picks in Friday's 2019 MLS SuperDraft Presented by adidas - Seattle Sounders FC
- Sounders FC Original Osvaldo Alonso Signs with Minnesota United FC - Seattle Sounders FC
- Orlando City SC Acquires 2020 MLS SuperDraft Second Round Pick - Orlando City SC
- Minnesota United Adds MLS Cup Winner Osvaldo "Ozzie" Alonso - Minnesota United FC
- LA Galaxy Re-Sign Defender Dave Romney - Los Angeles Galaxy
- Orlando City SC Signs Center Back Alex De John - Orlando City SC
- MLS SuperDraft Presented by adidas Set for Friday, January 11 in Chicago - MLS
- Whitecaps FC Kick off Newly-Expanded Canadian Championship in July - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Timbers, Liam Ridgewell Mutually Agree to Part Ways - Portland Timbers
- Sporting KC Announces 2019 Promo Schedule - Sporting Kansas City
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Orlando City SC Stories
- Orlando Claims Inaugural Orlando City Invitational Trophy
- Orlando City SC Signs Four-Time Premier League Champion Nani
- Orlando City SC Defeats NYCFC in OC Invitational
- Orlando City SC Releases Defender Scott DeVoss
- OCSC Signs Multi-Year Partnership with WOFL FOX35/WRBW MY65