Sound Tigers Recall Gaudreau from Worcester
BRIDGEPORT, Conn. - The Bridgeport Sound Tigers, proud AHL affiliate of the New York Islanders, announced today forward Matt Gaudreau has been recalled from the Worcester Railers H.C. of the ECHL.
Gaudreau, 23, recorded one assist in five games with the Sound Tigers to begin the season, including his professional debut on Oct. 7, 2017 against the Binghamton Devils. In addition, the Carney's Point Township, N.J. native played 24 games with Worcester this season and ranked sixth on the team in scoring with 19 points (nine goals, 10 assists) and a plus-seven rating. Gaudreau is also tied for fifth on the Railers in goals.
Prior to turning pro, the 5'9, 150-pound forward completed a four-year career at Boston College last March, posting career highs in goals (8), assists (27) and points (35) in 40 games as a senior. He ranked second on the Eagles in scoring and led the team in assists. Overall, Gaudreau recorded 63 points (16 goals, 47 assists) and a plus-25 rating in 119 career contests with Boston College.
Gaudreau also played two seasons with the Omaha Lancers of the United States Hockey League (USHL) from 2011-13. He notched 40 points (15 goals, 25 assists) in 106 games.
He is the younger brother of Calgary Flames forward Johnny Gaudreau, who also played at Boston College.
Pink in the Rink: The Sound Tigers return to action this Saturday with a 7 p.m. puck drop against the Providence Bruins at Webster Bank Arena. The overall theme of Saturday's contest is much bigger than the game itself as Bridgeport will partner with the Connecticut Breast Health Initiative and celebrate Pink in the Rink, benefiting breast cancer awareness and research, with a pre-game wine tasting party. A special ticket package is available now through Friday at 3 p.m. that includes a seat at the game, access to the tasting party and a wine glass for $30. Click here for more information.
Lunchbox Giveaway: The first 2,500 kids, ages 14 and younger, will take home a Sound Tigers' lunchbox this Sunday against the Syracuse Crunch when doors open at 4 p.m., courtesy of the Connecticut Department of Transportation. The weekend finale will feature the first of two meetings between the Sound Tigers and Tampa Bay's affiliate, and the only matchup at Webster Bank Arena this season. Great seats are on sale now.
Don't Go It Alone: Whether it's a corporate outing, a fundraiser, or just friends getting together, a group outing with the Sound Tigers will guarantee an unforgettable experience filled with fast-paced action on the ice, great music, promotions and contests at an affordable price. The Sound Tigers have a variety of packages and promotional events to offer. Please call the team's front office at 203-345-2300 ext. 7 for more information on the benefits of bringing your group to a future game!
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 8, 2018
- Free IceHogs Grill Tongs this Friday - Rockford IceHogs
- Tomkins Loaned to Indy - Rockford IceHogs
- Sound Tigers Recall Gaudreau from Worcester - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Tansey Assigned to Walleye - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Amerks Assign Pair to Cincinnati - Rochester Americans
- Moose Sign Jake Hildebrand - Manitoba Moose
- Wolf Pack Sign Defenseman Desmond Bergin to PTO - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Jets Recall Comrie from the Moose; Place Hendricks and Tanev on Injured Reserve - Manitoba Moose
- Syracuse Crunch Loan Shane Conacher to Adirondack Thunder - Syracuse Crunch
- Minnesota Wild Acquires Defenseman Viktor Loov from New Jersey - Iowa Wild
- F Steven Swavely, F Alex Krushelnyski Recalled by Lehigh Valley - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Iowa Wild Recalls Forwards Pavel Jenys and Chase Lang from Rapid City - Iowa Wild
- Canucks Recall Forward Reid Boucher - Utica Comets
- Rangers Recall Neal Pionk from Hartford - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Amerks Announce Partnership with Lyft, Blue Cross Arena to Bring Ridesharing to Downtown Rochester - Rochester Americans
- Tampa Bay Lightning Recall Forward Adam Erne from Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Highmore Strikes Twice as Hogs Stretch Home Point Streak - Rockford IceHogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Bridgeport Sound Tigers Stories
- Ho-Sang Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week
- Ho-Sang scores natural hat trick as part of five-point effort on Sunday
- Koivula extends goal-scoring streak to four straight games with the overtime winner
- Islanders Loan Ladd, Hickey on Conditioning
- Koivula, Lorito and St. Denis each score in overtime loss on Friday