Iowa Wild Recalls Forwards Pavel Jenys and Chase Lang from Rapid City
DES MOINES, IOWA - Iowa Wild General Manager Brent Flahr announced today the American Hockey League (AHL) club has recalled forwards Pavel Jenys and Chase Lang from Rapid City Rush of the ECHL.
Jenys (pronounced JEN-eez), 21 (4/2/1996), returns to Iowa for his second stint with the Wild this season. He registered one point in three games for Iowa earlier this year, scoring his first AHL goal against Chicago on Jan. 17. Jenys has 27 points (15g, 12a) in 35 games played with Rapid City this season. The 6-foot-3, 203-pound native of Brno, Czech Republic, was selected by Minnesota in the 7th round (199th overall) of the 2014 NHL Entry Draft and signed a three-year entry-level deal with the team on May 5, 2015.
Lang, 21 (9/13/1996), also returns for his second stint with Iowa in the 2017-18 season. Lang recorded two assists in 20 games played for the Wild this season. With Rapid City, Lang has 10 points (4g, 6a) in 16 games. The 6-foot-1, 187-pound native of Nanaimo, British Columbia, was selected by Minnesota in the sixth round (167th overall) of the 2014 NHL Entry Draft and signed a three-year, entry-level deal with the team on May 24, 2016.
Iowa begins a five-game homestand with a contest against Chicago Wolves Friday. Puck drop is at 7:00 p.m.
The Iowa Wild 2017-18 season is presented by Mercy Medical Center and runs from October through April. For more information, please contact the Wild office by calling 515-564-8700 or by visiting www.iowawild.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 8, 2018
- Free IceHogs Grill Tongs this Friday - Rockford IceHogs
- Tomkins Loaned to Indy - Rockford IceHogs
- Sound Tigers Recall Gaudreau from Worcester - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Tansey Assigned to Walleye - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Amerks Assign Pair to Cincinnati - Rochester Americans
- Moose Sign Jake Hildebrand - Manitoba Moose
- Wolf Pack Sign Defenseman Desmond Bergin to PTO - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Jets Recall Comrie from the Moose; Place Hendricks and Tanev on Injured Reserve - Manitoba Moose
- Syracuse Crunch Loan Shane Conacher to Adirondack Thunder - Syracuse Crunch
- Minnesota Wild Acquires Defenseman Viktor Loov from New Jersey - Iowa Wild
- F Steven Swavely, F Alex Krushelnyski Recalled by Lehigh Valley - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Iowa Wild Recalls Forwards Pavel Jenys and Chase Lang from Rapid City - Iowa Wild
- Canucks Recall Forward Reid Boucher - Utica Comets
- Rangers Recall Neal Pionk from Hartford - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Amerks Announce Partnership with Lyft, Blue Cross Arena to Bring Ridesharing to Downtown Rochester - Rochester Americans
- Tampa Bay Lightning Recall Forward Adam Erne from Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Highmore Strikes Twice as Hogs Stretch Home Point Streak - Rockford IceHogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Iowa Wild Stories
- Iowa Stumbles in 5-4 Loss in the Shootout to Rockford
- Iowa Stuns San Antonio with 3-2 Win in Overtime
- Iowa Completes Comeback in 5-4 Victory against San Antonio
- Minnesota Wild Recalls Forward Joel Eriksson Ek
- Iowa Gets Back in the Win Column with 4-2 Victory against San Jose