Solar Bears Name Season-Ending Roster
ORLANDO, Fla. - The Orlando Solar Bears have announced the club's Season-Ending Roster for the 2020-21 season today. Orlando has included 20 players on its Season-Ending Roster, which is comprised of 10 forwards, seven defensemen and three goaltenders.
FORWARDS: Tyler Bird, Jerry D'Amigo, Michael Joly, Tristin Langan, Chris LeBlanc, Aaron Luchuk, J.J. Piccinich, Fabrizio Ricci, Ben Thomson, Riley Woods
DEFENSEMEN: Mark Auk, Alexander Kuqali, Kevin Lohan, Luke McInnis, Tommy Panico, Tim Shoup, Nolan Valleau
GOALTENDERS: Michael Lackey, Kris Oldham, Garret SparksÂ
Season-Ending Rosters may include up to 20 players. Season-Ending Rosters cannot include any players who did not sign an ECHL contract in 2020-21.
Each team is entitled to reserve rights to a maximum of eight players from the list of 20 by extending a qualifying offer no later than July 23. Of the eight qualified players, no more than four can be veterans (260 regular season professional hockey games played as of the start of the 2021-22 Season). Players on open qualifying offers cannot be traded. Teams are not required to extend a qualifying offer to players who sign a contract prior to July 23.
The qualifying offer must remain open for acceptance until August 9 at which time the qualifying offer becomes null and void and the team may sign the qualified player to any salary or may elect to take no further action. Teams that extend a valid qualifying offer to a non-veteran player shall retain the rights to that qualified player for one playing season.
A team that extends a valid qualifying offer to a veteran player, or to a goaltender who has played more than 180 regular-season games, will retain the rights to that player until August 9. After August 9, if the veteran player or goaltender is not signed to a contract by the team, the veteran or goaltender shall be deemed a restricted free agent and shall be entitled to seek and secure offers of employment from other ECHL teams. Restricted free agents may not be traded. When a restricted free agent receives a contract offer from a team other than the team with the player's rights and the restricted free agent wishes to accept the contract offer, the restricted free agent and the offering member must, within 24 hours, notify the ECHL, the team with the player's rights and the Professional Hockey Players' Association. The member with the player's rights shall have seven days after the date it is notified to exercise its right to match the contract offer.
If a restricted free agent is not signed to either an offer sheet or a contract by an ECHL team by August 16, the player shall be deemed an unrestricted free agent.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from July 9, 2021
- Thunder Sign Veteran Forwards Shane Harper, Pete MacArthur and Rob Bordson - Adirondack Thunder
- Cyclones Announce Season Ending Roster - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Worcester Railers HC Sign Veteran Forward Jordan LaVallee-Smotherman for 2021-22 Season - Worcester Railers HC
- Admirals Announce 2020-21 Season-Ending Roster - Norfolk Admirals
- ECHL Announces Season-Ending Rosters - ECHL
- Swamp Rabbits Release 2020-21 Season-Ending Roster - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Steelheads Announce 2020-21 Season-Ending Roster - Idaho Steelheads
- Nailers Announce Season-Ending Roster - Wheeling Nailers
- Indy Releases 2020-21 Season-Ending Roster - Indy Fuel
- Solar Bears Name Season-Ending Roster - Orlando Solar Bears
- Icemen Announce 2020-21 Season-Ending Roster - Jacksonville Icemen
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.