Admirals Announce 2020-21 Season-Ending Roster
NORFOLK, VA - The Norfolk Admirals, proud members of the ECHL, have announced the submission of the team's Season-Ending Roster, officially closing the 2020-21 season.
The team's Season-Ending Roster includes 16 players, consisting of eight forwards, seven defensemen and one goaltender. All players listed must have signed contracts for the 2020-21 season, and rosters cannot exceed 20 players. All teams must submit a Season-Ending Roster regardless of participation in the 2020-21 season due to contracts and rights signed prior to the opt-out period.
Below is the team's Season-Ending Roster:
Goaltender (1): Jake Theut
Defensemen: (7): Scott Dornbrock, John Furgele, Dajon Mingo, Mike Monfredo, Samuel Thibault, Spencer Trapp, Eric Williams
Forwards (8): Matt Marquardt, Cody Milan, Tyler Penner, Jakob Reichert, Alex Rodriguez, Taylor Ross, Eric Selleck, Alex Tonge
The ECHL notes that each team is entitled to reserve up to eight players from the above list by extending a Qualifying Offer no later than July 23, and no more than four of those eight players can hold Veteran status-260 regular season professional hockey games played for skaters or 180 regular season professional games played for goaltenders at the start of the 2021-22 season. Teams are not required to extend a Qualifying Offer to players who signed a contract prior to July 23.
All Qualifying Offers must remain open for acceptance until August 9, at which that time said offer becomes nullified and the team may either sign the player to any salary or elect to take no further action. Teams that extend a Qualifying Offer to a non-veteran player shall retain the rights to that player for one playing season.
Additionally, teams that extend a Qualifying Offer to a skater or goaltender with Veteran status will retain the rights to that player until August 9. After that point, any unsigned Veteran skater or goaltender becomes a non-tradable Restricted Free Agent and can receive offers from other ECHL teams. When the player in question receives an offer from a new team and intends to accept, the player and offering team must notify the ECHL, the team owning the player's rights, and the Professional Hockey Players' Association (PHPA) within 24 hours, and the team in control of that player's rights has seven days to match the new offer.
Any Restricted Free Agent not signed to an offer sheet or an ECHL contract by August 16 will become an Unrestricted Free Agent.
The Admirals make their return to the ice for the 2021-22 season on Friday, October 22 against the Reading Royals. Puck drop is set for 7:30PM.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from July 9, 2021
- Thunder Sign Veteran Forwards Shane Harper, Pete MacArthur and Rob Bordson - Adirondack Thunder
- Cyclones Announce Season Ending Roster - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Worcester Railers HC Sign Veteran Forward Jordan LaVallee-Smotherman for 2021-22 Season - Worcester Railers HC
- Admirals Announce 2020-21 Season-Ending Roster - Norfolk Admirals
- ECHL Announces Season-Ending Rosters - ECHL
- Swamp Rabbits Release 2020-21 Season-Ending Roster - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Steelheads Announce 2020-21 Season-Ending Roster - Idaho Steelheads
- Nailers Announce Season-Ending Roster - Wheeling Nailers
- Indy Releases 2020-21 Season-Ending Roster - Indy Fuel
- Solar Bears Name Season-Ending Roster - Orlando Solar Bears
- Icemen Announce 2020-21 Season-Ending Roster - Jacksonville Icemen
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Norfolk Admirals Stories
- Admirals Announce 2021-22 Promotional Schedule
- Veteran Defenseman Schaus Returns to Norfolk
- Norfolk Admirals Announce Partnership with Violent Gentlemen Hockey Club
- Admirals Bring Aboard Rookie Forward Gagnon
- Admirals Announce NHL Affiliation with Carolina Hurricanes