Skyforce vanquishes Wizards on VERSUS
SIOUX FALLS, S.D. - The Sioux Falls Skyforce defeated the Dakota Wizards 110-102 in a game that will air on VERSUS tonight at 11 p.m. CT. Sioux Falls completed the weekend sweep in front of 5,679 fans and evened the season series at four games apiece.
Sioux Falls struggled out of the gates for the second night in a row and trailed 35-23 after the opening quarter. The Skyforce outscored the Wizards 31-18 in the second quarter behind 12 points from Leemire Goldwire and led 54-53 at halftime.
Dakota took a four-point lead (82-78) into the final quarter but Sioux Falls went in front 85-84 following a short turnaround jumper by Timberwolves assignee Nathan Jawai. The border rivals found themselves tied at 92 apiece with just over four minutes to go in the contest but Sioux Falls outscored Dakota 18-10 down the stretch to win four straight games for the first time this season.
Goldwire posted a game-high 24 points off the bench including 4-of-5 shooting from beyond the arc. Alexander Johnson posted his third straight double-double with 22 points and 13 rebounds. Reggie Williams added 21 points on 7-of-10 field goals.
Romel Beck led the Wizards with 22 points while James Jackson registered his third double-double of the season with 12 points and 10 rebounds. David Bell contributed 13 points behind 4-of-5 3-pointers.
Dakota returns home to face Idaho on Monday night at 7 p.m. CT. Sioux Falls heads to Des Moines to take on league-leading Iowa on Saturday night at 7 p.m. CT in the first of seven straight road games.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from February 21, 2010
- D-Fenders Come Up Short In Battle With Thunderbirds - Los Angeles D-Fenders
- Bakersfield Drops Second Straight To Austin - Bakersfield Jam
- T-Birds Bounce Back With 101-95 Win Against Los Angeles - New Mexico Thunderbirds
- Conroy First To 3,000 Points As Vipers Beat Red Claws - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Wolves Recall Nathan Jawai From Sioux Falls Skyforce - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Bakersfield's dos Santos Suspended - G League
- NBA D-League Daily Developments - G League
- Stampede Slide Past D-Fenders In Exciting Home Win - Los Angeles D-Fenders
- Balanced attack leads Energy over Flash - Utah Flash
- Stampede slide past D-Fenders in exciting home win - Idaho Stampede
- Skyforce vanquishes Wizards on VERSUS - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Conroy Records Second-Straight Triple-Double as Vipers Blow Big Lead to Red Claws - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Sioux Falls Skyforce Stories
- Miami Heat Two-Way Player Gabe Vincent Named NBA G League Most Improved Player
- Skyforce Releases Statements Regarding G League Cancellation
- Skyforce Statement on NBA G League Suspension
- Jack Guides Force to Fourth-Straight Home Victory
- Skyforce Stays Hot at Home, Cruises to 125-102 Victory over Warriors