T-Birds Bounce Back With 101-95 Win Against Los Angeles
ALBUQUERQUE, NM, Feb. 21, 2010 - Carlos Powell scored 25 points, including 18 in the first half, to lift the Albuquerque Thunderbirds to a 101-95 victory over the Los Angeles D-Fenders on Sunday night. Shane Edwards added 21 points for Albuquerque, the second straight game he's had 17 or more. He shot 9-15 from the field, and his dunk with 2:15 remaining gave the T-Birds a 10 point lead.
The T-Birds led by as many as 16 in the third quarter but found themselves clinging to a three point lead with 1:06 to play in the game.
On the T-Birds ensuing possession, Keith McLeod connected on a three to beat the shot clock to push the lead to six, and effectively iced the win for Albuquerque.
Antoine Agudio scored 14 and McLeod added 12 points, 6 rebounds and 6 assists for the Thunderbirds. Kurt Looby grabbed 15 rebounds to go along with 9 points and 4 blocks for Albuquerque.
Diamon Simpson scored 17 points and Dar Tucker added 16 for Los Angeles.
Albuquerque never trailed in the game, and the game was tied only once (36-36). The T-Birds outscored the D-Fenders 22-12 off turnovers.
Albuquerque will be in action again on Tuesday when the team continues its road trip against Bakersfield Jam. The game will begin at 8 pm, and fans can listen live on 610 The Sports Animal.
The T-Birds will return home on Feb. 25 with the second Thirsty Thursday night of the season. Fans can enjoy $2.50 beers and $5 margaritas in addition to $5 box seats during the team's game against the Idaho Stampede. Call 505-265-3865 for more information.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from February 21, 2010
- D-Fenders Come Up Short In Battle With Thunderbirds - Los Angeles D-Fenders
- Bakersfield Drops Second Straight To Austin - Bakersfield Jam
- T-Birds Bounce Back With 101-95 Win Against Los Angeles - New Mexico Thunderbirds
- Conroy First To 3,000 Points As Vipers Beat Red Claws - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Wolves Recall Nathan Jawai From Sioux Falls Skyforce - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Bakersfield's dos Santos Suspended - G League
- NBA D-League Daily Developments - G League
- Stampede Slide Past D-Fenders In Exciting Home Win - Los Angeles D-Fenders
- Balanced attack leads Energy over Flash - Utah Flash
- Stampede slide past D-Fenders in exciting home win - Idaho Stampede
- Skyforce vanquishes Wizards on VERSUS - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Conroy Records Second-Straight Triple-Double as Vipers Blow Big Lead to Red Claws - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.