Skyforce Crumble Under Stampede
BOISE, Idaho (December 4, 2007) - Luke Jackson made his return to Idaho a thriller, scoring a game-high 30 points and dishing a game-high nine assists in a 106-97 win for the Idaho Stampede over the Sioux Falls Skyforce. The Stampede had as big as a 17 point lead with four and half minutes remaining before cruising to the victory.
Jackson, one of five Idaho players with double-figure scoring, played 31 and half minutes in his season debut and was 11-for-11 from the free throw line. As a team, the Stampede shot 87.5% (21-24) from the foul stripe.
Forward Ernest Scott started fast as he scored 13 of his 15 points in the first quarter. Scott finished with his second double-double of the season, also grabbing 10 rebounds. Cory Violette tallied 22 points and pulled down nine rebounds, Roberto Bergersen finished with 17 points, and Lance Allred had his third double-double of the season with 10 points and 11 rebounds.
Damone Brown led the Skyforce with 18 points and 8 rebounds, while Nik Caner-Medley scored 17 points and grabbed 11 rebounds. David Bailey, the 5'8" point guard for Sioux Falls, scored 17 points and pulled down seven rebounds. Carl Elliott contributed 10 points in the loss.
The victory pushes Idaho's winning streak to five games, with a 5-1 overall record, while the Skyforce drop to 0-4 on the year.
Both teams square off again in Sioux Falls on Friday, December 7. It will be the first of a six-game road trip for the Stampede.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from December 4, 2007
- Skyforce Crumble Under Stampede - Idaho Stampede
- Mad Ants Increase Winning Streak to Three - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Skyforce To Host Free Basketball Clinic - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Jam To Battle Fort Wayne Tonight - Bakersfield Jam
- Idaho Stampede Acquire Luke Jackson - Idaho Stampede
- D-League Daily Developments - G League
- Jeremy Richardson Named D-League.Com Performer of the Week - G League
- Flash Defeat Arsenal 102-90 - Anaheim Arsenal
- Flash Improve To 3-2 With Win At Anaheim, 102-90 - Utah Flash
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.