Jam To Battle Fort Wayne Tonight
(Fort Wayne, Ind., Dec. 4, 2007) - Fresh off a win in their home opener, the Bakersfield Jam visit the Fort Wayne Mad Ants tonight in Fort Wayne, Indiana. The Jam are looking for their second win in a row while Fort Wayne hopes to move over the .500 mark on the season.
Bakersfield will be short-handed in their tilt against Fort Wayne, as centers Roderick Riley (injury) and Kosta Perovic' (personal) will not be available for Tuesday's game. Both are expected back for Thursday's game against the Iowa Energy in Des Moines.
The NBA Development League is the NBA's official minor league, and the first-ever basketball league with direct affiliations to NBA teams. Now in its seventh season the D-League's goals are to provide affordable, NBA-caliber entertainment to fans of its 14 teams, as well as continue to develop players, coaches, referees and front-office personnel for the NBA. As the single source for in-season player "call-ups" to the NBA, fans of the D-League enjoy the highest caliber of basketball played outside the NBA. In fact, former D-League players represented 10 percent of NBA players on 2007-08 opening day rosters, numbering 44 in total. In addition, the D-League has produced 25 percent of current NBA referees and 16 current NBA coaches, including head coach Sam Vincent with the Charlotte Bobcats. The D-League is an innovative and rapidly growing sports property that also serves as an experimental testing ground for new initiatives of the NBA and its teams, provides continuing education and professional development resources for its players, and is committed to serving its local communities through D-LEAGUE CARES and grassroots efforts.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from December 4, 2007
- Skyforce Crumble Under Stampede - Idaho Stampede
- Mad Ants Increase Winning Streak to Three - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Skyforce To Host Free Basketball Clinic - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Jam To Battle Fort Wayne Tonight - Bakersfield Jam
- Idaho Stampede Acquire Luke Jackson - Idaho Stampede
- D-League Daily Developments - G League
- Jeremy Richardson Named D-League.Com Performer of the Week - G League
- Flash Defeat Arsenal 102-90 - Anaheim Arsenal
- Flash Improve To 3-2 With Win At Anaheim, 102-90 - Utah Flash
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.