Flash Improve To 3-2 With Win At Anaheim, 102-90
ANAHEIM, Calif., Dec. 3, 2007 - James Lang, Kevin Kruger and Brian Hamilton each scored 17 points to lead the Utah Flash to a 102-90 NBA Development League victory over the Anaheim Arsenal Monday at the Anaheim Convention Center.
The Flash led by as many as 14 in the fourth quarter but had to withstand a late Anaheim run that cut the lead to 94-90 with 1:10 to play on a pair of free throws by Guillermo Diaz. Utah scored the final eight points of the game on a Hamilton layup and six Kruger free throws to put the game away.
Utah improved to 3-2 on the season. The Arsenal dropped to 1-5. The same two teams meet again Wednesday for the third meeting in 12 days between the two teams at the Anaheim Convention Center.
"Our guys helped each other and played team basketball on both ends of the floor tonight," Flash head coach Brad Jones said after watching his club finish with a 21-8 advantage in the assists column. "We made the extra pass on offense and played good help defense.
"Any road win is a great win," Jones said. "After Fes (Kyrylo Fesenko) was recalled to the Jazz over the weekend, James Lang stepped up on both ends of the floor and played big tonight."
In addition to his 17 points, Lang finished with eight rebounds and converted 7-of-9 field goal attempts. Kruger converted 15-of-16 from the free throw line and had six assists, while Hamilton was a perfect 8-of-8 from the floor. Michael Cuffee chipped in 14 points off the Flash bench.
Every Utah player scored as the Flash converted 48-percent (36-74) from the field. Anaheim managed just 42-percent from the floor (28-66), but converted 31-of-34 free throw attempts. Utah won the rebounding battle 36-31.
Diaz had 19 points to lead the Arsenal, followed by Davin White with 16, Steven smith with 15 and Noel Felix 13.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from December 4, 2007
- Skyforce Crumble Under Stampede - Idaho Stampede
- Mad Ants Increase Winning Streak to Three - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Skyforce To Host Free Basketball Clinic - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Jam To Battle Fort Wayne Tonight - Bakersfield Jam
- Idaho Stampede Acquire Luke Jackson - Idaho Stampede
- D-League Daily Developments - G League
- Jeremy Richardson Named D-League.Com Performer of the Week - G League
- Flash Defeat Arsenal 102-90 - Anaheim Arsenal
- Flash Improve To 3-2 With Win At Anaheim, 102-90 - Utah Flash
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.