Flash Get Back to Winning Ways with Victory Over 66ers
The Utah Flash used a big fourth quarter to solidify their third win this season against the second-ranked Tulsa 66ers. The final score was 110-103.
The Flash [25-16] established their momentum early in the first quarter, outscoring the 66ers [29-13] by ten points [32-22]. Utah shot over 50 percent from the field and over 60 percent from behind the arc in the first quarter.
The 66ers battled back in the second quarter, but the Flash continued to maintain a lead. Brandon Costner led all first half scorers with 17 points.
The 66ers used a 29 point third quarter to sneak up on the Flash and trailed by only four points heading into the final period.
Less than a minute into the final period the 66ers took their first lead since early in the game [80-79], but the Flash used an 8-0 run to edge the 66ers out.
The Flash outscored the 66ers in the fourth quarter, making the final score 110-103. Kevin Kruger led the game with a season-high 31 points while going 6 for 10 from behind the arc. Costner added 28 points, eight rebounds and five assists. Tony Gaffney also contributed with 11 points, nine rebounds, five blocks, four assists and four steals.
Jerome Dyson led the 66ers with 20 points. Latavious Williams, the only player in the NBA D-League to be drafted directly out of high school, had 13 points and 13 rebounds.
The Flash have won 11 of their last 12 games; They play another two-game series against the Reno Bighorns this weekend at the UCCU Events Center. There are only five regular-season home games remaining. Tickets are still available by calling (801) 434-HOOP (4667).
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 14, 2011
- Flash Get Back to Winning Ways with Victory Over 66ers - Utah Flash
- Tulsa Falls Short at Utah, 110-103 - Tulsa 66ers
- Vipers Can't Overcome Free Throw Differential in Loss to Skyforce - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Howard Returns to the Ants - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Erie's Mitchell, Sioux Falls' Ewing Jr. Named NBA D-League Co-Performers of the Week - G League
- Chris Johnson Signs with Portland - Dakota Wizards
- Dakota's Chris Johnson Signs with Portland - G League
- NBA D-League Daily Developments - G League
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.