Flash Drop Second Game to Bighorns
OREM, Utah- Double-doubles from Patrick O'Bryant and Bobby Simmons coupled with a strong defensive effort by Reno led the Bighorns to a 91-81 win over the Utah Flash on Saturday night in the UCCU Events Center.
The Flash started out slow only scoring 13 points in the first quarter, but pushed the point total to 42 before the break.
The Flash trailed by just four points entering the fourth quarter, but Reno opened the final period on a 13-2 run to stretch the lead to 15. Utah fought back late, cutting the lead to seven points with three minutes remaining, but the Bighorns held on for their 14th win in their last 18 games.
Marcus Landry led the Bighorns in scoring with 18 points, while Jeremy Lin added 16 points and six rebounds. Reno held Utah to just 31.5 percent shooting on the night, the lowest field goal percentage by a Bighorns' opponent in franchise history.
Andre Ingram led five Flash players in double figures, finishing with 19 points off the bench. Ronald Dupree added a double-double with 13 points and 12 rebounds.
Utah plays Maine on Tuesday and Thursday next week. Tickets are available and can be purchased by calling 801-434-4667.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 19, 2011
- New Mexico tops Tulsa - Tulsa 66ers
- Big Second Quarter Keys T-Birds to Win - New Mexico Thunderbirds
- Wizards win with just eight players - Idaho Stampede
- Flash Drop Second Game to Bighorns - Utah Flash
- Simmons, O'Bryant Power Bighorns Past Flash, 91-81 - Reno Bighorns
- McNeal's Big Second Half Paces Vipers Victory - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Skyforce Acquires Scales - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- McNeal Returns to Vipers - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- NBA D-League Daily Developments - G League
- Trey Johnson Scores 48 But Jam Falter in Double-Overtime - Bakersfield Jam
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.