Utah Falls to Reno
OREM, Utah- Jeremy Lin-assigned to Reno earlier this week from the Golden State Warriors-scored a game-high 27 points Friday night, lifting the Bighorns to a 107-103 victory over the Utah Flash in the UCCU Events Center.
Reno led by five through the first period of play, but the Flash tied the score at the break and took a two-point lead over the Bighorns into the fourth period of play. But Reno would go on to outscore Utah 32-26 in the final quarter to earn the victory in the first half of a back-to-back weekend series.
Lin's 27-point effort marked a season-high for the Harvard product. He buried both of his attempts from three-point range and knocked-down 13-of-14 tries from the charity stripe. Lin added five rebounds and an assist for the Bighorns.
Utah was led by 25 points from Brandon Costner. Ronald Dupree added 21, and Tony Gaffney finished with 13 points, nine rebounds and six blocks.
Utah and Reno meet again tomorrow night for the final regular season meeting between the two. Tipoff is at 7 p.m. Tickets can still be purchased by calling 801-434-4667.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 18, 2011
- Stampede Stave Off Wizards - Idaho Stampede
- Tulsa Cruises To 107-91 Road Win At New Mexico - Tulsa 66ers
- Utah Falls to Reno - Utah Flash
- T-Birds Fall to Hot Shooting 66ers - New Mexico Thunderbirds
- Lin Leads Bighorns Past Utah, 107-103 - Reno Bighorns
- Stinson, Blakely Push Energy Past Sioux Falls 109-103 - Iowa Wolves
- Toros Stun Vipers in Second Half - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Legends Hopes Alive with 114-95 Win at Maine - Maine Celtics
- Legends Earn Important Road Win In Maine - Texas Legends
- Bakersfield Acquires Maduabum - Bakersfield Jam
- Mad Ants Appear on National TV Tomorrow - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Harm Named 'Be True to Your School' Winner - Idaho Stampede
- NBA D-League Daily Developments - G League
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.