Chris Johnson Signs with Portland
Bismarck, N.D. (March. 14, 2011) - The Dakota Wizards announced today that center Chris Johnson (6-11 210, LSU) has signed with the Portland Trail Blazers for the remainder of the season. Johnson is expected to join the Trail Blazers today and should be in uniform when the team hosts the Dallas Mavericks tomorrow at 9 p.m. CT.
This is Johnson's third GATORADE Call-Up and the 15th of the 2010-11 NBA Development League season. He was first called up by the Trail Blazers on Jan.24 and appeared in two games averaging 2.0 points and 2.0 rebounds in 8.0 minutes. Johnson was then called up by the Boston Celtics on Feb. 24 and appeared in six games with Boston averaging 1.7 points and 1.5 rebounds in 8.2 minutes of action.
Johnson, the first round draft choice of the Wizards, appeared in 35 games (34 starts) and averaged 16.2 points, 9.2 rebounds and 2.8 blocks. He was voted to the Eastern Conference NBA D-League All-Star game and appeared in the NBA D-League All-Star slam dunk competition as well as the NBA D-League Showcase slam dunk competition.
The active roster currently stands at nine players.
Season tickets and 5-ticket flex packs for the 2010-11 season are on sale. Single game tickets can be purchased at Ticketmaster or the Civic Center Box Office. Discounts are available for groups of 10 or more. For more information contact the Dakota Wizards at (701) 258-2255.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 14, 2011
- Flash Get Back to Winning Ways with Victory Over 66ers - Utah Flash
- Tulsa Falls Short at Utah, 110-103 - Tulsa 66ers
- Vipers Can't Overcome Free Throw Differential in Loss to Skyforce - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Howard Returns to the Ants - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Erie's Mitchell, Sioux Falls' Ewing Jr. Named NBA D-League Co-Performers of the Week - G League
- Chris Johnson Signs with Portland - Dakota Wizards
- Dakota's Chris Johnson Signs with Portland - G League
- NBA D-League Daily Developments - G League
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.