Mad Ants Increase Winning Streak to Three
The Mad Ants move to the top of the Central Division with a win over the Bakersfield Jam 126-113 at the Memorial Coliseum. With the win the Mad Ants increase their winning streak to three with back to back home victories.
The Mad Ants dominated the entire game leading by as many as 28 points. The Mad Ants shot 69% from the floor in the first quarter to give them a demanding 48-19 at the end of the first quarter. Although the Jam outscored the Ants in the second quarter, the Ants were still too much to handle.
Jeremy Richardson, the D-League's Player of the Week, led the Mad Ants with 31 points and 8 rebounds. Richardson is averaging 33 points in his last three games. Also coming up big for the Mad Ants were Corey Minnifield with his first double double on the season with 19 points and 10 rebounds, Earl Calloway with 19 points and 9 assists, and Rod Wilmont with 17 points.
Brandon Bowman of the Jam led all scorers with 33 points shooting 70% from the floor. He was accompanied by Scooter McFadgon with 20 points and Roderick Riley with 14 points and 12 rebounds.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from December 4, 2007
- Skyforce Crumble Under Stampede - Idaho Stampede
- Mad Ants Increase Winning Streak to Three - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Skyforce To Host Free Basketball Clinic - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Jam To Battle Fort Wayne Tonight - Bakersfield Jam
- Idaho Stampede Acquire Luke Jackson - Idaho Stampede
- D-League Daily Developments - G League
- Jeremy Richardson Named D-League.Com Performer of the Week - G League
- Flash Defeat Arsenal 102-90 - Anaheim Arsenal
- Flash Improve To 3-2 With Win At Anaheim, 102-90 - Utah Flash
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Fort Wayne Mad Ants Stories
- Mad Ants Acquire Walt Lemon Jr. from Windy City
- "Madame Ants" Change Name to "Mad Dancerz"
- Mad Ants Finalize 2019-20 Basketball Operations and Front Office Personnel
- Mad Ants Host Open Tryouts in Fort Wayne Tomorrow
- Mad Ants Host Open Tryouts in Fort Wayne on Saturday