Six Players from the Impact Academy at the U17 World Cup in Brazil
MONTREAL - Canada Soccer selected six players from the Montreal Impact Academy for the 2019 FIFA U17 World Cup in Brazil, from October 26 to November 17.
Goalkeeper Benjamin Collins, defender Keesean Ferdinand, midfielders Tomas Giraldo, Sean Rea and Matthew Catavolo, and striker Mouhamadou Kane are representing the Impact in the 21-player group.
In the group stage, Canada will face Brazil on October 26 for the opening game of the competition, Angola on October 29 and New Zealand on November 1st. The three games will be played at Walmir Campelo Bezerra Stadium, in Brasilia. The knockout stage will start on November 5.
Canada qualified for the FIFA 2019 U17 Men's World Cup on May 12, winning 4-3 in shootouts (1-1) against Costa Rica in the Concacaf U17 men's championship quarterfinals.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from October 18, 2019
- MLS Reinstates LAFC Forward Adama Diomande - MLS
- Game Notes: Sounders FC vs. FC Dallas (Western Conference First Round) - October 19, 2019 - Seattle Sounders FC
- #SEAvFCD: Five Facts You Need to Know - FC Dallas
- New York Red Bulls, Newark Board of Education and Southern New Hampshire University Launch "Goal for Perfect Attendance" Program - New York Red Bulls
- LA Galaxy Announce 2019 Team Awards - LA Galaxy
- Game Preview: Audi 2019 MLS Cup Playoffs Round One - New England Revolution at Atlanta United FC - New England Revolution
- Columbus Crew SC Announces 2019 Team Award Winners - Columbus Crew SC
- Real Salt Lake Opens 2019 Audi MLS Cup Playoffs Saturday against Portland Timbers - Real Salt Lake
- LAFC to Host Playoff Rally on Sunday Afternoon - Los Angeles FC
- Six Players from the Impact Academy at the U17 World Cup in Brazil - Montreal Impact
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.