#SEAvFCD: Five Facts You Need to Know
FC Dallas Visits Seattle Sounders in First Round of Audi MLS Cup Playoffs on Saturday, October 19
This is Dallas' fifth playoff appearance in the last six seasons
Details You Need to Know:
Gameday Social: #SEAvFCD
TV: 2:30PM CT on Fox Sports 1
Radio: 2:30PM CT on FCDallas.com/Radio (English) and 1270 AM (Spanish)
Official Watch Party at Toyota Stadium
Join your FCD Family for the Official Watch Party at Toyota Stadium as they compete in their fifth playoff run in the last six seasons.
Enjoy $3 draft beer and $3 wine and $3 water, $3 Papa John's Pizza by-the-slice, $3 select cocktails. Plus, get a first look at the USL League One Championship Trophy.
*IMPORTANT: Because North Texas SC has now advanced to the USL League One Final, they will host Greenville Triumph at Toyota Stadium on Saturday, October 19 at 6pm. The FC Dallas watch party is now a ticketed event. Fans can enjoy TWO playoff matches but must obtain a ticket to the North Texas SC match, and can do so here (limited tickets remain for the watch party + playoff match): http://bit.ly/2BckzlU
5 Things You Need to Know About #SEAvFCD
FC Dallas is the youngest team in this year's Audi MLS Cup Playoffs and the fourth youngest to reach the postseason in MLS history (average age of 24 years and 197 days). The youngest team to punch a ticket to the playoffs was the 2007 FC Dallas team with an average age of 24 years, 126 days.
FCD's Post Season Record
Since 1996, FC Dallas has a .409 winning percentage and 14-22-8 record for games played in the postseason. When it comes to the first playoff match, FC Dallas has a .469 winning percentage and a 7-8-1 record.
FCD Coaches in the Playoffs
FC Dallas head coach Luchi Gonzalez is the fifth FC Dallas coach to reach the playoffs in his first season in charge (Oscar Pareja 2014, Steve Morrow 2007, Mike Jeffries 2001, Dave Dir 1996). Gonzalez, 39, is also the youngest head coach in the playoffs this season and the only coach under 40 years old. There are three under 45 (Freddy Juarez, Ben Olsen, Jim Curtin), and there are eight who were born in the '70s.
About Seattle Sounders
Seattle Sounders finished in second place in the Western Conference with 56 points and a 16-10-8 record. They started the season in red-hot form, going undefeated through the first 13 games. Despite a mid-season lull, the Sounders finished strongly with back-to-back 1-0 victories.
Against Seattle Sounders
Dallas and Seattle have a very even post-season record against one another. FCD is 2-2-2 all-time against Seattle in the playoffs with six goals scored and eight conceded. Dallas is 0-2-1 against the Sounders in the postseason when playing at CenturyLink Field.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from October 18, 2019
- MLS Reinstates LAFC Forward Adama Diomande - MLS
- Game Notes: Sounders FC vs. FC Dallas (Western Conference First Round) - October 19, 2019 - Seattle Sounders FC
- #SEAvFCD: Five Facts You Need to Know - FC Dallas
- New York Red Bulls, Newark Board of Education and Southern New Hampshire University Launch "Goal for Perfect Attendance" Program - New York Red Bulls
- LA Galaxy Announce 2019 Team Awards - LA Galaxy
- Game Preview: Audi 2019 MLS Cup Playoffs Round One - New England Revolution at Atlanta United FC - New England Revolution
- Columbus Crew SC Announces 2019 Team Award Winners - Columbus Crew SC
- Real Salt Lake Opens 2019 Audi MLS Cup Playoffs Saturday against Portland Timbers - Real Salt Lake
- LAFC to Host Playoff Rally on Sunday Afternoon - Los Angeles FC
- Six Players from the Impact Academy at the U17 World Cup in Brazil - Montreal Impact
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.