Sidekicks Drop Game to Eastern Conference Juggernaut
Allen, TX - The Dallas Sidekicks lost at home against the Florida Tropics 7-0. The Sidekicks next game will be on the road against Soles De Sonora on February 8th, 2020 at 9.00 PM CT in Hermosillo, Sonora, Mexico at Centro de Usos Multiples.
The first quarter commenced with Sidekicks rookie goalkeeper Carlos Enriquez in goal for Dallas and Brett Petricek started for Florida. Thirty seconds into the game and Sidekicks defender Ray Aguayo fouled and the Tropics utilized the opportunity and Victor Parreiras scored and brought the Tropics in the lead 1-0. Sidekicks defender Kleber Bismarck fouled, giving the Tropics forward Ricardo Carvalho the chance to score and he increased their lead 2-0 and the quarter ended.
The second quarter started, and the Tropics maintained possession for much of the beginning. A Tropics player missed a heel pass which allowed Sidekicks player Felipe De Sousa to break away and take a shot on goal, but he was unable to score. With less than five minutes left in the quarter, Tropics defender Drew Ruggles got a penalty for tripping, which resulted in a power play for the Sidekicks. The Sidekicks went on a shooting frenzy, but the Tropics killed the power play. The quarter ended with neither team scoring and the Tropics remained in the lead at 2-0.
Within two minutes of the third quarter, Tropics player Rafa Alves scored a point, bringing their lead to 3-0. At minute 6:45, Florida's Lucas Teixeira took a shot on goal and brought the score to 4-0. With three minutes left in the quarter, Tropics player Joshio Sandoval scored, ending the quarter with a five-point lead over the Sidekicks. The Sidekicks tallied no shots on goal during the third quarter.
Sidekicks defender Josh Hernandez got blue carded for dangerous play in the fourth quarter, resulting in a power play for the Tropics. They were able to score almost immediately, bringing the score to 6-0. At minute 8:06, Tropics Lucio Gonzaga scored, bringing his team's lead to 7-0. The game ended with the Sidekicks unable to score and the Tropics still first in the Eastern Conference. Be sure to come to the Sidekicks next home game on Feb. 14th, 2020 at 7.30PM CT against Utica City FC at the Allen Event Center in Allen, TX. Single-game tickets are on sale now for all home games and season tickets are still available. Call the Sidekicks at 469.393.0165 for more information.
• Discuss this story on the Major Arena Soccer League message board...
Major Arena Soccer League Stories from January 31, 2020
- Blast Pulls Away in the Third Quarter to Defeat the Lancers - Rochester Lancers
- Petricek, Defense Shine in Tropics First-Ever Shutout, 7-0 over Dallas Sidekicks - Florida Tropics SC
- Blast sweep short road trip, down Lancers 9-1 - Baltimore Blast
- Sidekicks Drop Game to Eastern Conference Juggernaut - Dallas Sidekicks
- St. Louis Ambush Drop a Close One in Utica - St. Louis Ambush
- Coughlin Leads Utica City to Win over St. Louis - Utica City FC
- Sockers Weekly Report - San Diego Sockers
- Heat Visit Stars Tonight at ShoWare - Tacoma Stars
- SeaWolves Sign Former Colombian International Jamie Castrillon - Orlando SeaWolves
- Offense Falters as SeaWolves Fall to Blast - Orlando SeaWolves
- There Is One Name Missing from the Lancers Wall of Fame... - Rochester Lancers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.